Author Topic: Lion Application Compatibility Chart  (Read 3774 times)

Offline pendragon

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pendragonservices.com
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~ Voltaire

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
Lion Application Compatibility Chart
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:08:03 AM »
Thanks for that, Harv. As usual, I won't be upgrading until I know more about application compatibility and, not incidentally, it goes through a couple of updates to work out the inevitable initial bugs. I never update the OS unless the last digit is at least 2 (as in 10.7.2).
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »
Wow - somebody's been busy already!

I usually update as soon as I know that (1)my Adobe apps all work and (2) there are no major issues with anything I normally use and (3) I'm not in the middle of a major website project! So, sometimes it takes me a while, other times I'm out there on the not-quite-bleeding edge. wink.gif

I have multiple cloned backups - if I ever did update and something went seriously toes up, I could revert in 5 minutes, so no real worries.
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »
Whoa! They are still building the track! The train hasn't even entered the building, much less left the station! laughhard.gif Hardly a comprehensive list and Lion isn't even due until Summer (and that could be in late September, as 'software season time' goes! rofl.gif ), for cryin' out loud. Many of the apps on that list are small operations, known for being much more nimble than monoliths like Adobe or Apple. I'm certainly not worried about any on that list, most of which I haven't even heard of and few of which I actually use, at least until Lion actually arrives. dntknw.gif

I'll certainly bookmark that site (using URLMPro, of course, which is not on that list, either), however. Thanks Harv! wink.gif
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:46:21 AM by Highmac »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 07:31:03 AM »
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »
Never used Front Row, will undoubtedly download Java (I use JAlbum, which runs on it) and haven't needed Rosetta in a couple of years. So no biggie...but for anyone running older apps, there may be some upgrading ahead. And of course, there may be a few things that will just not work going forward, aren't being updated by their developers and will force the decision - new OS or old apps? T'was ever thus. tongue.gif
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »
I think Apple had announced the loss of all that stuff some months ago. I'm sure they wouldn't have done that just hoping we'd forget... rolleyes.gif rofl.gif <I know we talked about he Java thing last year>. But there's a slight difference between Apple dropping support and the Mac being able to use Java.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline pendragon

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pendragonservices.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »
Thanks Jon.

I new knot about the demise of Rose Etta. All my Quicken data/files…Oy veh!
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~ Voltaire

Offline Shades of Gray

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://exegete77.wordpress.com
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
I’m with ABD... almost none of my daily apps were listed (Scrivener, Tinderbox, Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends, Accordance, etc.). So I have at least six months to worry wink.gif before anything happens. And I have a few seminary classes to teach in the meantime. biggrin.gif
Ignore the argumentative nature of this poster. He is old and can't engage in meaningful dialog very long.
Therefore, management asks that you at least humor him. Thanks.

Offline jcarter

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jcarter.net/ourdogs/muffinpage.html
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:21:01 AM »
Most of my favourite apps look good, thank you for this list.
Transmit is not ready yet, and I would have to look at the PS plug-ins that we use.
Will take advice and wait for a while after you people here have tried it for a while.
Jane