Author Topic: Aid for Ukraine  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Aid for Ukraine
« on: March 03, 2022, 03:27:50 PM »
As mentioned in a Tech post, Readdle is one of several Mac developers based in Ukraine. You may have received an email from them with links to their website where you can read about their actions. That site also lists a handful of organizations that are accepting donations for various types of support for Ukraine and its citizens. I know only some of these organizations since most are European, but I hope you can investigate and contribute to at least one.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline jwboyd

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Aid for Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 07:53:58 PM »
I agree we should help the Ukrainian people all we can. I have a nephew who went to Ukraine several years ago with a group from his church to do repairs on church buildings and some private homes. He came home with a bride. The two of them went back later and adopted two children from an orphanage. Last week my daughter put me in touch with some people in Poland who are helping Ukrainian refugees. They are now on my charities list. Opportunities abound, both here and abroad, to bless others and to be blessed by giving to humanitarian causes. But please, as Jim suggests, "Investigate before you invest."
I'm not a complete idiot -- a few parts are missing!

Offline Raven

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 12:27:48 PM »
Thanks for posting this. The Ukrainians need so much help and there are so many related causes to donate to.  My wife and I have donated and will do some more. It's a pittance compared to the funds the oligarchs have. Seize it ALL to support the Ukrainians!

Frustrating beyond belief that one person can invade an independent country and can cause so much disruption around the world.
And Putin is one of the richest men in the world. The West must must use every non-military tool they can to stop THIS and FUTURE invasions!
27" iMac, 2017, 3.47 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1.03 TB HD,
OSX10.14.3 • 15" MacBookPro mid 2012, OSX10.14.3 • Mac Mini OSX10.13.6 • iPhone 11

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 10:09:49 AM »
Some more sound advice about giving. Remember, "emotions" are another way SCAMmers appeal to our wallets. :ohmy: :whistling:

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 09:19:48 AM »
If you don't use any software from St. Claire Software, you probably missed seeing the following email:
I'm Jon Gotow, owner and lead developer at St. Clair Software. I don't send many emails, but I'd like to ask you once more to support folks in what's now a very war-torn Ukraine.

It's been more than 100 days since Russia invaded Ukraine, and we've watched Russia's tactics go from bad to horrific. Even though the constant news reports can be numbing, we can't forget that there are millions of people suffering as a result.

Ukrainians have courageously mobilized themselves in innumerable ways, many joining the military and many more providing support for troops and refugees. As you may already know, my friend and fellow Mac developer in Kyiv, Eugene Krupnov, has been raising money by offering his well-regarded Mac app, Unclutter, in return for donations. He's posted a progress report detailing donations and supplies they've distributed. If you donated, thank you!

How to Help
Eugene is continuing to offer copies of his Unclutter app for donations of $10 USD or more. Proceeds are used to provide medical supplies, equipment, and charitable donations within Ukraine. Click below to donate and get a copy of Unclutter in the process.

If you'd prefer to donate through a larger organization (and not get free software), there are a number of charities providing resources to Ukraine. The Ukrainian Red Cross Society is a very direct avenue - they supply food, hygienic products, medicines, water, bed linen and other essentials to those that need it. Click below to donate to the Ukrainian Red Cross.

If you've read this far, I very much appreciate your time. This conflict has completely upended the lives and businesses of so many people, including many Mac developers (Unclutter, Setapp, MacPaw, Nektony, Readdle, BeLight, and Skylum to name a few). Their worlds will never be the same, and they need whatever support we can give them.

And a reminder: Please be careful when choosing a charity. Events like this can bring out both the best and the worst in people. Charity Navigator and CharityWatch are good resources when researching charitable organizations.

Thank you,
I highly recommend Charity Navigator. CharityWatch looks worthy of consideration but I have not used them in verifying any charity.