Author Topic: What happened to my iTunes "burn" capability?  (Read 1514 times)

Offline beacher

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://sonofabeach-beacher.blogspot.com/
What happened to my iTunes "burn" capability?
« on: October 27, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
Hey guys, I did a "search" for this problem, but can't find an answer.  I went to burn a songlist from iTunes, today, and lo and behold, it won't let me burn it.  Doesn't matter which songlist I click on, the burn icon wont show up in the right hand corner.  Haven't had any problems with it before, and I just hauled the song list over to Toast 8, and it burned it OK, but iTunes wont read the titles off the disk.  I haven't changed anything, except updating to 10.4.11and this may be the first time I've tried to burn within iTunes since then. I did a permisssions repair and ran Diskwarrior, and the same thing happens. Any ideas?  As usual, thanks in advance!

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:16:29 PM »
First, I'm assuming the 'playlist' would actually fit on a CD? Have you checked that your iTunes prefs are set correctly?
Not sure what version of iTunes you have or where it came from but it sounds like time to re-install it/update it with 'pure' code. Or, maybe that part of your screen has lost contact with your cursor? Try moving the window... dntknw.gif
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »
Beacher, what version of iTunes are you using?

I just had a look at mine (8.0) and the "Burn Disc" is there and available as it should be when I select a playlist.

Are there any protected AAC files in that playlist? They apparently cannot be burned to MP3 in iTunes. Also, there is a limit on the number of times you can burn a playlist (something like 7?) - all you need to do is change one song on the list and it will do it. Any chance either of those issues apply?
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline beacher

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://sonofabeach-beacher.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »
Well, I have to 'fess up to the fact that I'm still using iTunes 5.?, because I wanted to avoid the burn limit, due to the fact that I use some of the tunes in there for examples for some of my students.  But I can't even get the burn icon to show up even when I highlight a playlist that has never been burned.  I think that this weekend I may go back and reinstall Tiger, and then bring it up to only 10.4.9, because I didn't have this problem before I updated to 10.4.11.  After I do that, I'll let you know if it corrected the prob!