Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tech / Re: Migrating files to a new iMac
« Last post by jchuzi on July 29, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
The account that I had deleted was IMAP and deleting it removed all emails from the server. On the other hand, that account was accessed solely from my iMac and not from a second computer, iPhone, or iPad. Still, I would not take the chance of deleting it without backing up everything (and, frankly, I don't know how to do that). Still, you could copy ~/Library/Mail as a possible way to back up, but I can't guarantee that that will work.
« Last post by Raven on July 29, 2021, 03:56:29 PM »
Thanks again Jon.
Recovered stickies!

I have 2 identical primary mail accounts. Will
make one inactive to see what happens. I think because they are IMAP, even if you delete, they are still on the server?

Have a few other glitches that I’m asking about on several
Mac forums. Not getting a lot of TS replies. Everyone on post covid holidays? 😊
Community / Re: 2021 My Shetland Blog
« Last post by kimmer on July 29, 2021, 03:33:02 PM »
« Last post by Frances144 on July 29, 2021, 11:43:15 AM »
« Last post by jchuzi on July 29, 2021, 06:44:06 AM »
In my system, Stickies are located in ~/Library/StickiesDatabase. Be careful about dumping a Mail account: I did it upon the advice of an Apple tech (big mistake!) and ended up losing all my wife's emails. She was not happy. Apple did manage to tell me how to get them back, luckily, but my marriage nearly didn't survive.

Rebuilding mailboxes should be harmless, so I would try it.
Tech / Re: How to re-activate Adobe CS6 apps?
« Last post by jchuzi on July 29, 2021, 06:17:06 AM »
Have you contacted Adobe about this? Look at this DuckDuckGo search page.
Tech / How to re-activate Adobe CS6 apps?
« Last post by Raven on July 28, 2021, 09:53:29 PM »
I am retired graphic designer and mostly do volunteer work now.  I just transferred my work files from an old iMac to a new iMac with OS10.14.6. Spent days trying to figure all this out. I need to continue to use my CS6 apps to access previous design files using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator on my Mac Book Pro and new iMac. I can't afford to buy the monthly subscription to Creative Cloud and learning all the new updates.

I was able to deactivate all three apps on my MBP, but could only activate Illustrator on my new iMac.
Photoshop only allowed me to do an CS6 Extended option which says it ends in 30 days. Why will it end?
InDesign shows an Adobe Application Manager app and a blank window when I try to activate. No buttons to activate.

How can I get these last two apps working again on my new iMac? I do need to use them asap!
Tech / Re: Is there a way to migrate email folders?
« Last post by Raven on July 28, 2021, 05:22:26 PM »
Finally was able to use a cloned external hard drive and migrated all work files. Have some editing to do because some folders were duplicated.
All my Apple MAIL folders are missing. How to transfer those?
« Last post by Raven on July 28, 2021, 05:10:34 PM »
Finally was able to use a cloned external hard drive and migrate all files. Some folders seem to be duplicated and I have a lot of looking through folders and editing to do.
- I can't find my many STICKIES from the old iMac. Any idea where they might be? Keep lot of notes there.
- I now have two similar Apple email accounts. Not sure which one to dump. Or can I dump both and add the primary account as a new one?
Should I REBUILD the mail account?
« Last post by Frances144 on July 28, 2021, 11:19:19 AM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10