Author Topic: Apple's new North Carolina data center  (Read 1850 times)

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline sandbox

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
Apple's new North Carolina data center
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:14:44 AM »
there appears to be plenty of Red Clay wink.gif

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
I'm not sure what the point of the story was. It's a big building! Yeah, and? "Area 51" comment: Is that because it has few windows? dntknw.gif It probably also has "No Trespassing" signs at any entrance to the site. doh.gif Ever heard of liability insurance requirements? Oh well...

What I did notice was a rather large number of truck loading bays/doors. If there is nothing there but a bunch of computers, why would it need so many loading/unloading docks? You move a computer in and it stays there till it is replaced. Hopefully, not all of them at once! eek2.gif Thinking.gif Loading docks are obviously needed for transferring materials in and products out. Waste is usually created and needs to be handled, but one would think that computer 'waste' could be 'piped out' on a few wires stuck into the ground... laughhard.gif OTOH, perhaps Apple generates a tremendous amount of paper waste since it never really got the "paperless office" thing going! rofl.gif

Yes, after further consideration, something is going on there that we don't know about! Why are they building such wide roads? Why such large parking lots? What about that very high fence? Is Apple coming out with something that will need a very large iPAD? Thinking.gif

I guess we are just lucky they didn't shoot down that helicopter! yes.gif whew.gif
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:11:00 PM by kimmer »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Parker

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nyparty.net
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:22:15 AM »
QUOTE(Xairbusdriver @ Feb 23 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I guess we are just lucky they didn't shoot down that helicopter! yes.gif whew.gif

Well the video could have been uploaded live,
so Apple still may have had a chance to shoot down the chopper
 Devilish2.gif
This account isn't hacked...
I'm actually back from hiatus (and its about darn time too)!