Author Topic: spam solution  (Read 91 times)

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
spam solution
« on: September 21, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »
Lately, I have been receiving a lot of spam email (first time in awhile). I tried setting rules to delete messages from the sender's address, but these dirtbags just switch them. I noticed, however, that the subject lines invariably connected words either with an underline dash or a tilde, probably an attempt to fool junk mail filters. Consequently, I set up rules to delete messages that either had ~ or _ in the subject line. Hopefully, that did the trick because I have not received any of this spam since.  :whistling:
Jon

macOS 11.6.1, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
Re: spam solution
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 02:47:00 PM »
This definitely works. As a precaution against deleting a legitimate email, I changed the rule to have these suspected spams moved to Trash. Immediately after I did this, I downloaded new emails and, lo and behold, a spam email showed up in Trash! Naturally, I deleted it.
Jon

macOS 11.6.1, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Mac mini, both 10.14.6
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 04:29:30 PM »
We_ll~I~HopE_you-R+satis_fied!!! :wallbash: :coolio:

Does this mean you don't use SpamSieve?! :WOW:
I don’t like the fact that my chances of survival seem to be linked to the common sense of others. :Thinking:
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Frances144

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myshetland.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 06:16:46 AM »
Gone are the days you could just write return to sender on envelope or use them in the cat litter tray!