Author Topic: Calendar Problems  (Read 352 times)

Offline Larry

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.catchfriday.com
Calendar Problems
« on: September 26, 2022, 04:32:05 AM »
I recently starting using my calendar again, and am faced with seeing the birthdays of business contacts, which are completely unhelpful. This is something I really hate about Apple. :sos:
It says that the only way is to open the contacts menu and delete them one by one.
Is there a way to do this in automator? Or an app add on. Or how do I do this? :wallbash:
I realise that this occurred a long time ago when I synched my contacts with linkedin, this gave me all their birthdays, which I do not want to know.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:42:38 AM by Larry »

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: Calendar Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 09:00:30 AM »
I never knew a company had a "birthday"! :laughhard:

Have you tried control-click->Delete on the group.

If 'control Delete' leaves a bunch of individual contacts, I would think just deleting any/all dates in a contact would suffice. :dntknw:

Not sure why you want to blame Apple for the way a "social" app creates a list of calendar entries. It's just another invasion of our apps, data and habits by commercial entities. Guarantees you get a "reminder" of every LinkedIn contact... for ever! :whistling: :coolio:

Personally, deleting the entire group sounds like a perfect solution. I think it is rare for a company to not have a web site these days. Create a bookmark in URLMPro. If I want to contact any of them I'll simply visit their website/contact page. :Thinking:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes: