Author Topic: AACK! (sp?) my account and my "devices" hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 756 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Notice how generic this email below is? I ever had "camaro" as a password (I've never even owned a Chevrolet). They are probably 99.9999999999999% correct that "camaro" is not 'now' my password. :rolleyes: But that's not because I recently changed it (I only change passwords every 10.5 years  :p ) Other strangenesses: they used "device’s" instead of the 'dumb' straight apostrophe but then use  "you're" with the 'dumb' straight apostrophe. Of course, I never view emails in html, so the "’" decimal UTF code doesn't show. I guess it's a bit easier to type than "’"? I'm bettin' the "author" is just learning how to hand code html... Kudos for the fairly good grammar, however! :whistling:

I suppose this kind of email does affect a few perverted folks. Fortunately, this "author" missed all my sins! It might actually do a bit of good if it encourages the use of better and fequently changed passwords and better 'gadget' maintenance. The message simply reminds me of the SCAM letters a deceased Aunt of mine got via snail mail. She studiously logged the date of receipt and filed them in dozens of boxes. Unfortunately, she also set up automatic bank transfers to a few of those criminals. :wallbash:

Oh yeah, in case this email is legit, I apologize for the data dump anyone in my contact list will be getting! :notworthy: :rofl: :laughhard: :yahoo:
Hello!

I am a representative of the ChaosCC hacker group.
In the period from 23/06/2019 to 11/08/2019 we got access to your account ________@_______.___  by hacking one of the domain.com mail servers.

Your pass for above account on moment of hack was: camaro
You already changed the password?
Sumptuously! But my program fixes this every time. And every time I know your new password!

Using access to your account, it turned out to be easy to infect the OS of your device.

At the moment, all your contacts are known to us. We also have access to your messengers and to your correspondence.
All this information is already stored with us.

We are also aware of your intimate adventures on the Internet.
We know that you adore adult sites and we know about your sexual addictions.
You have a very interesting and special taste (you understand what I mean).

While browsing these sites, your device’s camera automatically turns on.
Video-record you and what you watch is being save.
After that, the video clip is automatically saved on our server.

At the moment, several analogy video records have been collected.
From the moment you read this letter, after 60 hours, all your contacts on this email box and in your instant messengers will receive these clips and files with your correspondence.

If you do not want this, transfer 550$ to our Bitcoin cryptocurrency wallet: 1WPZhmZ69A9QyYUJkrDiafFkecbdCL6NS
I guarantee that we will then destroy all your secrets!

As soon as the money is in our account - your data will be immediately destroyed!
If no money arrives, files with video and correspondence will be sent to all your contacts.

You decide... Pay or live in hell out of shame...

We believe that this whole story will teach you how to use gadgets properly!
Everyone loves adult sites, you're just out of luck.
For the future - just cover a sticker your device’s camera when you visit adult sites!

Take care of yourself!
It's a jungle out there!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline beacher

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://sonofabeach-beacher.blogspot.com/
Re: AACK! (sp?) my account and my "devices" hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:02 AM »
Well. . . That's a variation of the one that I get every couple of years!  I just hope that you deleted my name from your address book, that you had from the inception of TS, 'cause that's a movie I'd just as soon avoid! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:47:56 AM »
All your base are belong to us.  :rofl:

"Sumptiously!"

"At the moment, several analogy video records have been collected." (??)
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline gunug

• TS Addict
  • TS Palindrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 09:30:49 AM »
I'm sure I'd like not to be on that mailing list! :)
"If there really is no beer in heaven then maybe at least the
computers will work all of the time!"