Author Topic: Show your TS spirit! New TS online store!  (Read 28462 times)

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Show your TS spirit! New TS online store!
« on: December 08, 2003, 07:35:16 PM »
Many members have asked for a way to show their support and appreciation for TS.
Now you can.

Visit Techsurvivors online store to purchase items bearing the TS logo and our motto, "where there are NO stupid questions".

All the items are priced at the basic amount that Cafepress charges to produce the item and process the financial aspect of the transaction. Techsurvivors receives no income from this service. We just want to enable those of you who are proud to be TSers to show this spirit and spread the word.

The Cafepress company is very good about their guarantee that you can return merchandise if unsatisfactory. I test ordered two mugs, mousepad, stickers, baseball shirt, trucker hat and tote bag. I was very impressed with the results not to mention the speed at which they completed the order.

Note that most of the clothng items have a graphic on the front and back and some come with a color choice. Be sure to look at the popup size chart for clothing. Items printed on various surfaces may show slight color tone differences  or be more or less intense but all the things I ordered were more than satisfactory.

At the moment there are 31 items from which to choose. I intend to design a clock graphic and bumper sticker sometime soon so watch for those.
Do note the shipping date deadlines for guaranteed Christmas delivery.

Happy shopping!    biggrin.gif
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 09:25:36 PM by krissel »

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline kps

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 07:42:53 PM »
What a cool idea! Kudos!

clap.gif  thumbup.gif

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 08:39:46 PM »
And just (just!) in time for Christmas - if you hurry!  wink.gif biggrin.gif
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline Bernie

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.techsurvivors.net
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 09:00:12 PM »
I have a tee I had done when visiting the opening of the first Apple Store in the US of A Remember?
 This one
It's been hanging in the closet for year now. Has the
 Techsurvivors."Com" Url. on it.  I'm going to order Soon as I can smile.gif Annnnnnnn! Ya Got a Dollar   Devilish2.gif
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 09:00:59 PM by Bernie »
B MacHappy! TS makes you that way!  ® < And don't forget it!

Offline MrsLop

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 09:16:06 PM »
WOW.gif krissel,

I visited the site and it has some nice offerings.

Brilliant!

Myrna

Offline Spartacus

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theapplemuseum.com
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 01:53:09 AM »
This is super cool!  B) thumbup.gif

I am definitely going to order a t-shirt. Perhaps a mug, too. Or the bag. Or so stickers. Or...

smile.gif
Power Macintosh G5 (Late 2004), 1.8 GHz, 1GB RAM, DVD/CD-RW combo, ATI Radeon 9600XT
w. Lacie electron blue IV 19-inch CRT display
iPod mini, 4 GB
AirPort Express
HP LaserJet 4200N
HP DeskJet 6940

Offline Gary S

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 07:41:47 AM »
Very Cool Krissel. biggrin.gif

I 'm going to get me one of those baseball shirts.
Gary S

Offline Mrious_be

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marceldaems.com
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 02:02:32 PM »
Wooooowwww... what a great thought clap.gif
I'll check it... but i'm not able to buy, hehehehe wink.gif

Still... clap.gif
[img]http://dwdf.daisypath.com/a4ipp1.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

Offline LR827

• TS Addict
  • Let's take care of each other
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deardrroth.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 12:51:20 PM »
Don't mean to be a wet blanket here, but why can't TS make a small profit on this?  The administrators pay out of their own pockets for the internet listing and website -- not to mention the hours & hours of time to try and solve everyone's problems.  I know that everyone appreciates the lack of commercialization of this site -- thank you, no popping, buzzing, flashing, running, etc. ads all over the place -- that's a real treat.  But if I want to buy a TS tshirt -- and I do -- why shouldn't TS make a dollar on it???   Why?? Why?? Why?????

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 07:52:53 PM »
QUOTE(LR827 @ Dec 14 2003, 1:51 PM)
... why shouldn't TS make a dollar on it???   Why?? Why?? Why?????

smile.gif

Thank you for the enthusiasm Lorraine, but it all boils down to taxes and the governmental oversight.

We would have to register as some sort of corporation/partnership or one of us as an individual would be responsible for submitting tax info to the site and then report it on our own tax return. It would be too much trouble to incur an income and still stay a non-profit at this point.

Maybe somewhere down the line if we can figure out a way to do this without getting involved in a tax mess we might be able to add a dollar or two the the prices. If we ever get to that point we would announce it of course.

In the meanwhile just wear or use your TS items with pride and spread the word.
  thumbup.gif

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Bobun

• Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 05:09:35 PM »
My grin is as wide as a mile,as they say. I've been a "peddler" since
1949 and firmly believe in advertising-tastefully. This is tasteful and so
in keeping with our Krissel and Techsurvivors. When my gear gets here,
I intend to wear it and when a passerby asks "What is Techsurvivors?",
the reply will be "I'm glad you asked that question"; Hope you're in no rush. I knew a sharp group like TS would appreciate it.
I love it.  Bobun.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 10:17:19 PM by krissel »

Offline mooregr

• Poster Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 05:04:49 PM »
I got my long sleeve-T today! Its great but the motto "where there are NO stupid questions" is not on tht shirt just logo on fromt and back.
 thumbup.gif
Thanks
Guy

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 10:15:46 PM »
Glad you like the shirt.

The motto isn't on every item. You need to look at the front and back views of each product to see which version of the logo with or without motto is on each side. It was purely my personal decision as to what looked good or whether it was too crowded or too formal in some cases to include the motto.

Actually there are only three items I think which don't have the motto. The fitted men's shirt, the golf shirt and the 2 sided long sleeve shirt. These were more formal attire which I thought would be better with just the logo. The latter has the two logo versions front and back. Others have the motto either on the back or front. Check to see if the shirt you ordered is supposed to have the motto. If they made a mistake and put the wrong graphic on it they will gladly exchange the shirt.

I was impressed by the order sheet that came with the order which shows in small images the item ordered, how many, which graphic for front and back, etc. That cuts down on mistakes in the printing process but it probably isn't foolproof.

I've ordered about 30 items so far and only one item was less than perfect, even that one had a minor problem which no one else noticed. BTW, it's been my observation that the shirts and sweatshirts in particular are generously sized. So don't go overboard ordering two sizes larger "just in case". biggrin.gif

But if you aren't satisfied please let them know. From their forums I read most  problems are rectified quickly and to the customers' satisfaction.

Please let us know though if you have any unresolved difficulties. We won't deal with a company that can't be trusted. We're Mac people you know.  wink.gif
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 02:09:26 AM by krissel »

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline mooregr

• Poster Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 10:24:05 PM »
I have the long sleeve -T which does not have the logo. It sounds like that is by design, speaking of which I really like to logo!  I am defintely happy with the shirt. I will order a short sleeve when our weather gets warmer!
Thanks
Guy

Offline jepinto

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2003, 01:02:21 PM »
Got mine today, and I must say, VER VERY NICE!!  

The women's TShirts are Hanes Her Way brand.  If you are used to buying regular (read men[s) T shirts, the women's sizes seem to run a bit smaller, so I'll bump up a size next time.

The Apron is good quality duck cloth, and it's not one of those "ring around your neck" types.  The neck ties like the waist which is good for us shorties.

Tote is heavy canvas, which gives a faint "yellow" cast to the logo, but the way I use totes, it'll be unnoticeable in a short time.

Transfers are going on my truck TODAY!  And I'll be drinking coffee to match my monitor in the morning.
Do not fear your enemies.  The worse they can do is kill you.  Do not fear friends.  At worst, they may betray you.
Fear those who do not care; they neither kill nor betray, but betrayal and murder exist because of their silent consent.
~Bruno Jasienski~