Author Topic: Adobe CS6 issue  (Read 383 times)

Offline Raven

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
Adobe CS6 issue
« on: November 27, 2022, 07:22:37 PM »
Last year I transferred all my Adobe CS6 apps to a newer 27" iMac with MacOS 10.14.6 which is the last OS that allows me to use those apps. I do not want to convert to Adobe's Creative Cloud format and then pay a monthly fee forever. I only design a few projects a year. It took weeks to make that transition and had to find an Adobe person in India to move ALL related files from my old 24" iMac to the newer one. What a process!

The ONLY issue I have is using fonts in InDesign CS6. Every few minutes the text box will go blank. When I move it a bit, the fonts come back and I can continue editing. If I go out of the app and come back, it works again. For a while! Very annoying and time consuming.

AND the drop down font palette in the menu bar will suddenly show no fonts at all. I try to scroll to the top and guess where the specific font is that I need to change - italic, bold, regular. If I get the wrong one, I try again until it's the one I want.

There must be a setting or font conflict in CS6 that is doing this when the apps were transferred to my 27 iMac? But I can't figure that out. Any ideas? Adobe won't tell me as they want me to upgrade to CC.  :upset:
27" iMac, 2017, 3.47 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1.03 TB HD,
OSX10.14.3 • 15" MacBookPro mid 2012, OSX10.14.3 • Mac Mini OSX10.13.6 • iPhone 11

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe CS6 issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 06:42:33 AM »
This is a shot in the dark, but you might try using Fontbook (in /Applications) to resolve duplicates and/or check for corrupted fonts.
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365