Welcome to Techsurvivors > Tech

1Password 7 Question

(1/4) > >>

Bruce_F:
I'm day two into using my new MacBook Pro, updated to macOS 10.15.3

I was using 1Password 6 on my old computer but decided to update to version 7 from the App Store when I got this computer and now I'm having some difficulty with filling the blanks when logging into a web page.

The instructions show a picture with a Go button. I don't see that when I use the Extension. Also, I checked the option to us Touch ID. That doesn't work either so I'm resorting in Copy and Pasting to fill the blanks.

What could be wrong?

sluggo:
I had the same thing happen, but when I started trying out Brave for a browser. I'm sure I installed the 1Password 7 extension in the browser but the auto fill button didn't seem to work in Brave.
Lo and behold I check out TS this morning. I had to sign in fresh because I hadn't visited here with this new browser. Guess what? The auto fill button signed me in. I assume the Go button appears if you wish to use 1Password to take you to the site, as opposed to navigating there first and then trying the sign in? I wish I better understood how this thing works so that I could offer a solution.

Xairbusdriver:
You are correct. 1PW seems to be smart enough to ‘see’ when a password is required. If not, then it assumes god just like to use the url saved when you created the password.

There are major differences between v 6 and 7. I think a re-reading of the instructions is highly recommended. It’s been too long since I used v 6, so I’ve already forgot all that I may have known. :blush-anim-cl: But they do have a good FAQ, support staff and user forum! :thumbup:

Bruce_F:
I believe I have found why 1Password wasn't working.

Version 6 worked just fine as a non paid user. Version 7 doesn't. I finally relented and went online and subscribed. Now all the features described in the help articles are working.

Paddy:
You can still get Version 7 without a subscription - I did it. (Don't like subscription software and avoid when I can)

https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version