Author Topic: We need some Humor!!!  (Read 434266 times)

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Re: We need some Humor!!!
« Reply #1575 on: September 14, 2021, 04:02:51 AM »
What is red and weighs four tons?

An elephant holding its breath…
Neil
MacMini (2018) OS10.14.6 (Mojave). Monitor: LG 27in 4K Ultra HD LED.
15in MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) OS10.13.4 (High Sierra);
15in MacBook Pro (2010), (ex-Snow Leopard); now OS10.13.6 (High Sierra); 500GB Solid-State SATA drive; 4GB memory.

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #1576 on: September 14, 2021, 08:04:48 AM »
 :coolio: I fear the virus is not the only contagen we face!! And I know the TS carrier! :whistling: Their names both end with “N” and have 3 letters!!!  :yes: Where is the vaccine when we need it?! :sos:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline kimmer

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 14, 2021, 09:41:28 AM »
What is red and weighs four tons?...
Oh, this is a share with grandson joke. :p

Offline kimmer

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 12, 2021, 09:54:07 AM »
TUESDAY FUNNIES
1. Where do you find chili beans? At the North Pole.
2. The problem with money is that it is tainted. It taint yours and it taint mine.
3. When a clock is still hungry, it goes back four seconds.
4. When a marathon runner had ill fitting shoes, he suffers the agony of defeat.
5. How do you define a will? It's a Dead Giveaway.
6. Your debt will stay with you if you can't budge it.
7. What do you call a train loaded with toffee? A chew chew train.
8. What kind of tree do fingers grow on? A palm tree.
9. Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.
10. The man who had fallen into an upholstery factory is now said to be fully recovered.

Offline Larry

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.catchfriday.com
« Reply #1579 on: October 14, 2021, 03:58:28 PM »

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #1580 on: November 05, 2021, 03:34:03 PM »
Quote from: Dan Pfeiffer
Nothing illustrates the anachronistic absurdity of Daylight Savings Time like trying to explain it to a 3yo.

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #1581 on: November 09, 2021, 09:02:46 AM »
Did you miss Happy International Tongue Twister Day?!
Monday [, Nov 8, 2021, was] International Tongue Twister Day and if you're looking for a mouthful, you could celebrate by talking about a sheikh who isn't feeling well. He's sixth in line and has some livestock, it seems, and one of his sheep is also under the weather. To explain all this you could say:

The sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick.
How about this one (for dog owners): If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?

Here's a book from 1836 you might enjoy reading: Peter Piper's Practical Principles of Plain and Perfect Pronunciation

Or you can try some of the 'twisters' at Mental Floss and other links in the story. :whew: :thumbup:

Offline jwboyd

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1582 on: November 09, 2021, 10:15:38 AM »
I can get my tang all tonguled up without this kind of help!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:46:17 PM by jwboyd »
I'm not a complete idiot -- a few parts are missing!

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 21, 2021, 10:18:34 AM »
This one from a friend - it should feel at home here...

Management Consultants

A shepherd was herding his flock in a remote glen in the Highlands when a brand-new 4x4 Chelsea Tractor (derogatory label for SUV in the city) advanced along the valley-bottom towards him. The driver, a young man in an Armani suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and assorted gold jewellery, leans out of the window and asks the shepherd: "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one?"

The shepherd looks at the man, weighs him up - obviously a townie - then looks at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answers: "Aye, then. Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his super-slim iPad, Bluetooths it to his latest model iPhone, curses about the lack of coverage but somehow gets a signal, and links to an open-source NASA page on the internet. He calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location, which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area into an ultra-high-resolution photo. Then the young man opens the digital image in Photoshop and exports it to a visual processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within seconds, he receives an encrypted message that the image has been processed and the data stored.

He then accesses a remote, high-capacity server and uploads all of this data and, after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, on his miniaturized LaserJet printer he prints out a full-colour, 10-page report, turns to the shepherd and says: "You have exactly one thousand, five hundred and eighty-six sheep."

The shepherd doesn’t show whether he’s impressed or not, but concedes: "That's right. Well, I suppose you can take one of my sheep," he says. He watches the young man select an animal, and looks on amused as the business-type opens the off-road’s tailgate and stuffs it into the vehicle.

Then the shepherd says to the young man: "I tell you what. If I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my animal?"

The dynamic young executive thinks about it for a second and then agrees, "Alright, why not?"

"You're a management consultant," says the shepherd.

“Good heavens! That’s correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing needed," answered the shepherd. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew; an answer to a question I never asked; you used staggering amounts of equipment, costing an absolute fortune, to reach that answer; and you know diddly squat about my flock or my work. Now give me back my dog."

Neil
MacMini (2018) OS10.14.6 (Mojave). Monitor: LG 27in 4K Ultra HD LED.
15in MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) OS10.13.4 (High Sierra);
15in MacBook Pro (2010), (ex-Snow Leopard); now OS10.13.6 (High Sierra); 500GB Solid-State SATA drive; 4GB memory.

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 21, 2021, 12:37:47 PM »
 :rofl:  :toothgrin:  :thumbup:
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 08, 2021, 11:38:00 AM »
A magician worked on a cruise ship. The audience was different each week, so the magician did the same tricks over and over again.

There was one problem. The captain's parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the magician did every trick. Once he understood, he started shouting in the middle of the show "Look, it's not the same hat!" or, "Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table," or "Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?"

The magician was furious, but couldn't do anything. It was, after all, the captain's parrot. Then the ship sank. The magician found himself on a piece of wood in the middle of the sea with, as fate would have it, the parrot.

They stared at each other with hatred, but did not utter a word. This went on for a day and then another and then another. Finally on the fourth day, the parrot could not hold back and said, "OK, I give up. Where's the ship?"
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #1586 on: December 08, 2021, 12:56:09 PM »
Just in time for Christmas! I would not recommend saying anything about this dudes sweater... :nono:
(Sweater by: Snahal Patel, chief executive of Jack Masters, the knitwear company in Leicester, England
Display at: Natural History Museum, London)

Offline Texas Mac Man

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1587 on: December 08, 2021, 03:42:49 PM »
A Farmer Had Five Female Pigs. What Follows Next Will Make You Laugh.

A farmer had five female pigs. Times were hard, so he decided to take them to the county fair and sell them: At the fair, he met another farmer who owned five male pigs. After talking a bit, they decided to mate the pigs and split everything 50/50.

The farmers lived sixty miles apart. So they agreed to drive thirty miles each, find a field in which to let the pigs mate. The first morning, the farmer with the female pigs got up at 5 A.M., loaded the pigs into the family station wagon, (which was the only vehicle he had) and drove the thirty miles.

While the pigs were mating, he asked the other farmer, “How will I know if they are pregnant?” The other farmer replied. “If they’re lying in the grass tomorrow morning, they’re pregnant. If they’re in the mud, they’re not.”

The next morning the pigs were rolling in the mud. So he hosed them off, loaded them into the family station wagon again and proceeded to try again. This continued each morning for more than a week. Both farmers were worn out.

The next morning he was too tired to get out of bed. He called to his wife, “Honey, please look outside and tell me whether the pigs are in the mud or in the grass.” “Neither.” Yelled his wife. “They’re in the station wagon and one of them is honking the horn.”  :yahoo:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!
Cheers, Tom

Mac PRAM, NVRAM, CUDA/PMU & Battery Tutorial
https://sites.google.com/site/macpram/mac-p...attery-tutorial

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #1588 on: December 22, 2021, 04:17:26 PM »
If you can't hide a crime scene, then just pretend that you are a victim too.

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 25, 2021, 07:28:27 AM »
A little seasonal humor:

Most people do not know the origin of the term Noël. It's very simple:

When you spell CHRISTMAS, there is no L.
Jon