Author Topic: OT: Cover and alternative versions  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
OT: Cover and alternative versions
« on: February 02, 2004, 02:52:53 AM »
Following on from this thread what is the worst cover version you've ever heard that actually got airplay and into the charts - and what is the best 'alternative' version? Accepting that this truly is a matter of personal taste, I'll start the ball rolling:
Worst: Madonna's cover of American Pie (aargh - HOW COULD SHE.... !!). There's just no emotion in it.
Best alternative: Joe Cocker's Little Help From My Friends is so different from The Beatles' original it deserved to become a classic in its own right. (Seem to remember it was the play-out track for Wonder Years {?}).
Neil
MacMini (2018) OS10.14.6 (Mojave). Monitor: LG 27in 4K Ultra HD LED.
15in MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) OS10.13.4 (High Sierra);
15in MacBook Pro (2010), (ex-Snow Leopard); now OS10.13.6 (High Sierra); 500GB Solid-State SATA drive; 4GB memory.

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
OT: Cover and alternative versions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 06:10:12 AM »
Boy, there are so many great and terrible cover versions. Without putting too much thought into this (at least not yet--but this work day may now be shot smile.gif), All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix is certainly up there. B)

Worst?? How about Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, done by William Shatner?  getsick.gif
-Rob
A couple of IMacs, an iPad, a bunch of iPhones...two of which don’t live here, but I still pay for. Oh yeah, wife, daughters, and yes—a grandson!