Author Topic: FINALLY!?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: FINALLY!?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 10:17:59 AM »
Looks great... if I used any of the things mentioned. :laughhard: OK, I do use Safari. But I can't remember ever using a built-in "Start page"! Didn't AOL have one of those?! I've always built my own. Why would I want to mess with changing what somebody else decided I should see? :dntknw: I've also been using Chrome lately because the resource downloading scheme a course uses won't work in Safari. It was either use Chrome or GIT. :wallbash: Having an updated URLMPro, I rarely need/use any kind of default page, anyway.

As I said, I'm just not even a minor portion of the market they are developing for. One day, however, I may even install Catalina macOS 10.15! :rofl:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline jchuzi

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 04:47:24 PM »
Big Sur will now support APFS in Time Machine.   APFS changes affect Time Machine in macOS Big Sur, encrypted drives in iOS 14 
Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P700, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 11:20:17 AM »
This is the best remark I've seen about Catalina macOS 10.15:
Adam Engst (ace)

Wait, Catalina doesn’t support 32-bit apps AND has wild pigs? That explains so much.
:laughhard:

Offline Sooz

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 01:35:43 PM »
Oh, goodness!
I must be so far behind that I don't even know how far behind I am!  :no2:

My iMac is running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6--I'm good with that!   

I sure hope I'm still good to go for a while! (if you want to fudge a bit, you can go ahead and tell me I'm good to go for a while)
Desktop iMac, running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 16 GB installed, with Time Machine and SuperDuper! backup on two external hard drives...and I like to bake.

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
There is no reason to upgrade unless you have things you can't do in your current OS and hardware.

You have already pasted the point where Safari can be updated because you are still using macOS 10.11. I think you may have also pasted the end of Security updates for that OS. The bigger problem will be what OS your hardware can support. What hardware are you using (many put that info in their Profile that shows under their avatar)? About this Mac should tell you the year of your Mac.