Author Topic: What's a good anonymized email ?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Sooz

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
What's a good anonymized email ?
« on: May 18, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
Hi, and Happy WEEKEND!

What's a good website for a person to use, to set up an "anonymous" email that really can't be traced back to an IP number? :dntknw:

One of my friends, still working, has need of this so she can make a suggestion to "corporate" without signing her name, and without getting blowback on her.

Smiles,
Sooz
Desktop iMac, running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 16 GB installed, with Time Machine and SuperDuper! backup on two external hard drives...and I like to bake.

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: What's a good anonymized email ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:50:48 PM »
Your IP is part of the package that gets sent when you access the web with just about any app, certainly any browser. You/she could use a VPN app which would obfuscate the IP. There are free ones, which will probably collect data on you/her in order to provide the "free" service.

Frankly, I'd hate to work some place that would require (for whatever reason) that one would need to go to such lengths to protect oneself. Perhaps you/she needs to hire a lawyer instead? :blink: :whistling: :coolio: :dntknw:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Sooz

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 11:09:43 PM »
Hi, Jim and thanks for the input. I'll share your reply with her. I'm also not letting her use my email although she asked. It's a sad thing that she feels she needs this layer of obfuscation and yet, I understand why she wants to do things this way.  I'm so glad I'm retired and don't have to deal with anything like this although I didn't mind asking.
Desktop iMac, running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, 16 GB installed, with Time Machine and SuperDuper! backup on two external hard drives...and I like to bake.

Offline jwboyd

• Super Duper Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 10:04:50 AM »
As a former manager (of sorts) I will make two observations:
1. There are very few, if any, secrets in the electronic world.
2. "Corporate" may not pay much attention to an anonymous email.

FWIW
Joe
I'm not a complete idiot -- a few parts are missing!

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »
Good points, Joe.

I'm not much of any kind of "manager", but I know what I do with "anonymous" e and/or snail mails! :laughhard: Of course, I take the phone calls warning me that there are warrants out for my arrest quite seriously!! I always wear a mask while driving to prevent anyone (or one of those 'traffic' cameras) from recognizing me. :yes: :scram:

Offline Sooz

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »
Thanks for the input, Joe--I'll share your points.  :)

Jim, wearing that mask is such a bother unless you can pull off the Lone Ranger look (and you might be able to do that, yes? while driving your white Mustang?).  Instead, for those traffic lights you run through as yellow-turns-red, you could be "sneezing" and covering your mouth/part of you face and I think that would do it.  :whistling:

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 05:46:04 PM »
Thanks for the tip! A-chooo... must be the Spring pollen, officer! :Thinking: :yes: :scram:

Offline Sooz

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »
 :clap: :thumbup: