Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 2234 times)

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
Hey!
« on: June 03, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
So, what’d I miss?  :rofl:(To old friends from years ago, it’s great to see your names.)

-Rob
-Rob
A couple of IMacs, an iPad, a bunch of iPhones...two of which don’t live here, but I still pay for. Oh yeah, wife, daughters, and yes—a grandson!

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 02:02:56 PM »
So, what’d I miss?
Where do we begin?!!! The last big event was the dividend checks we sent to every one. I assume you got the link as you got the email about the move. :dntknw: My wife and I will be paying for a trip to Europe with ours! You can search the old forum for all the details about the other changes. Well, you could have, but that site has been shuttered. Oh well, maybe one of the Admins will start a topic about that... :whistling: :tease:

Welcome back, anyway! :welcome:

BTW, is that a "new" grandson?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »
Dividend check? Of course I knew. It’s how I paid for my 5 yr trip that I returned home from today.  :Devilish: Our grandson, Milo, is a two and a half yr old with super bright red curly hair. He’s funny as can be. The things that drive you nuts as a parent are really funny as a grandparent!  :rofl:
-Rob
A couple of IMacs, an iPad, a bunch of iPhones...two of which don’t live here, but I still pay for. Oh yeah, wife, daughters, and yes—a grandson!

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
The things that drive you nuts as a parent are really funny as a grandparent!
AMEN! I understand a Grandparents sole job is to spoil the grand-children. It's our way of evening things up with our own kids! :yes:

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »
The things that drive you nuts as a parent are really funny as a grandparent!
AMEN! I understand a Grandparents sole job is to spoil the grand-children. It's our way of evening things up with our own kids! :yes:
Exactly! It’s so funny watching him make my daughter nuts.
-Rob

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 12:32:28 AM »
Hi Rob! 

Was thinking of you the other day and put on my list of things to do to send you a note asking how you were doing. I forgot that the board email might beat me to it.

Glad all is well and congratulations on the grandson!  :clap:

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 06:19:15 AM »
Hi Kris! Hope you’ve been well. Had an interesting few years with some health stuff (all now is good), some family issues but some great stuff—exhibit a is the grandson. ❤️ Tried to post a picture, but the file size was too big.
-Rob

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
Preview can adjust the size for you. Look under Tools for the cleverly named "Adjust size" item. Probably should keep "Scale proportionally" checked. Play with the width or height and watch the "Resulting Size" area to get it below the maximum here. It will end up as a 'thumbnail' here, but anyone can look at by simply clicking on that small image. We are using this method to help prevent the irritating habit in some sites of making the image over flow the post and creating the need to scroll horizontally. :wallbash:

Offline Frances144

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myshetland.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »
Hey hey!

Same old, same old from me x

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:52:29 PM »
 :whoosh: :thumbup:
-Rob

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »
Howdy, Rob - nice to see you back! Sorry I didn't see this thread until now - been rather busy lately with lots of "oh, and btw, we need this yesterday" stuff from clients, and so on.

Congrats on the grandson, too! :)
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline RobW

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 08:04:37 PM »
Thanks! Great to see you around. Yeah, my grandson is amazing (what’d you think I’d say). He’s so crazy and funny. ❤️❤️
-Rob