Author Topic: See if you can get past page 2!  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
See if you can get past page 2!
« on: January 02, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
Anyone who has ever been frustrated with a web site should feel right at home with this "game"! If you thought that frustrating site was bad, wait until you see this one! Just remember, what you see and what you think will happen when you click or press return are not the same thing. Hint: Press "No" to accept my challenge!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 12:58:49 PM by Xairbusdriver »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Re: See if you can get past page 2!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 11:17:42 AM »
Jim - I can't even get ON to page 1, let alone page 2!

I don't know if I'm missing a joke, but absolutely nothing happens when pressing either No or Yes. Maybe it's the fault of a missing link?  :Thinking:

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Neil
MacMini (2018) OS10.14.6 (Mojave). Monitor: LG 27in 4K Ultra HD LED.
15in MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) OS10.13.4 (High Sierra);
15in MacBook Pro (2010), (ex-Snow Leopard); now OS10.13.6 (High Sierra); 500GB Solid-State SATA drive; 4GB memory.

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 02:57:03 PM »
See the attached image. They even CAPITALIZED the link! :wallbash: :p Be warned, however, it gets worse from here on!!! :coolio: But that's the whole point, some sites start out bad, only a few stay that way for long. Only a site that is required for some special purpose that we must use can stay bad forever. Unfortunately, some bad "design" choices can show up when we least expect them. It's what makes 'surfing' so much fun?! :scram:

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:04:09 AM »
Did it!  Though it took me 11 minutes 31 seconds to finish all pages to the end. Now that I know how, it would take less time.
 :)

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:01 AM »
You are among a very tiny group!! :notworthy: I sincerely apologize for causing you to lose so much of your time!! I suppose you missed the link announcing that a complete display of each and every page would have entered you in the Grand Prize drawing? :scram:

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 04:26:45 AM »
I did get an offer of a job from the makers of the "puzzle".  As you can see by the hour of night, I was not at my best...heh, look what time it is now.
 :ohmy:   Off to ...
__  __
     |
     O   zzzzzzzzzzzzz

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:02:08 AM »
I would have responded earlier, but missus had a really nasty bout of flu and needed company... but she had to make do with me  :D  However, while still not 100 per cent, she does at least have her appetite back.

Did manage to get on to page 1 but a pop-up asked for my email (and password... !?!?!?!) so decided I could live without it and closed the tab. Hope your other contestants did better.

And, Kris, congratulations  :thumbup:

Edit to add: Had another go and it took me to another page. Some very clever people in Belgium, but its too far to commute, especially you Kris  :toothgrin:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 11:12:16 AM by Highmac »
Neil
15in MacBook Pro (2010), (ex-Snow Leopard); now OS10.13.6 (High Sierra); 500GB Solid-State SATA drive; 4GB memory.

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 03:01:36 AM »
Glad your missus is feeling better, Neil. Hope you don't fall ill. Do they push for flu vaccine over there like they do here?

That request for email and password is part of the puzzle. You don't have to use a real one.  :)

Not planning to commute to Belgium.  :no2:

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 05:33:25 AM »
She is still feeling a bit weak, so I persuade her to settle down on the couch and switch on some mindless show like Come Dine With Me  or Escape To the Country, which send her off to sleep very quickly (but don't tell her I told you that  :whistling:  )

Do they push for flu vaccine over there like they do here?  :no2:
They do every year; it's offered FoC by the NHS but they always qualify the invitation with a warning that the vaccine is chosen on the basis of a particular strain being this year's most likely. They have to calculate (guess?) which one it's going to be and it seems it was the wrong one this year. Our window cleaner told us "half the town" was down with flu over the Christmas break.

I reckon a lot of folk used it as an excuse NOT to have relatives round  :toothgrin:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:40:09 AM by Highmac »
Neil

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 03:43:50 AM »
Yeah, that's about the same here. Usually two or three strains are included with the hope that they pick the right ones. At least it's one thing we don't have to pay for.

I love "Escape to the Country". It started airing here a couple months ago on an off-channel and it is so delightful to see the old barns that have been converted. Still, I do tend to go for the more modern updates. There was one house I absolutely fell in love with that had an indoor pool in a separate space but easily accessed from the main house. The interior was very modern and just my style. Had lots of land and a nice view, too. Don't remember the price but it was definitely worth every penny/pound.  :yes:

Stay well!

A Techsurvivors founder