Author Topic: Mac OS X Mail template  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Bill-R

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mac OS X Mail template
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:18:53 AM »
Everyday I have to send my boss an e-mail that summerizes the accomplishments of the day.  There are a few different catagories like shipments that come in, reminders of things for him to take care of, etc.  

Right now I just copy the one I sent the day before and change all the info that needs changed.  But I would like to know if there is a way to create a template in Mail that I can use everyday.

Any thoughts?

Bill
• 867 QS 1.5 gig OS 10.3.5

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Mac OS X Mail template
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 02:33:17 AM »
That sounds like the easiest way to do it. Unless you can get someone to create an AppleScript to format a new message I don't know if you can make a template in Mail.

I could imagine creating a template in Appleworks or other text app then attaching the file to an email. But for the best compatibility you may have to save it as a pdf and send it that way. Don't think that would save you any time though.

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Mac OS X Mail template
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »
Sounds like a typical use of 'keystroke' apps. I use Typinator to insert text ( and images, etc. ) into whatever window I might have open. As far as I know, there is no limit on the size of the insertion. I'd create a blank template for the entire page and assign a specific keystroke/command for it, like ".emailsummary". Enter that text ( minus the quotation marks, of course ) and your blank summary text gets inserted into the email for your editing.

One problem with this, is that you may fail to delete non-required pieces or even add the info in required places. That might not present your work in its best light! To avoid that, you could create smaller insertions for each piece of the email, using a different 'keystroke command/word' for each. That might help make sure you always include the info that's needed. Most of these programs will also insert a date/time/signature/etc. for additional info you always include in a message/document.

I really like <Typinator>, but there are others. I use it every time I come to TS! And in many other apps, as well. smile.gif
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline bobw

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
Mac OS X Mail template
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »
If you hurry, you can get Typinator for free today from MacAppAday

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Mac OS X Mail template
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 02:22:47 AM »
Typinator still available since they had server problems yesterday.

Also a bundle including PopCharX and KeyCue with Typinator is only $19.99.

Good deal.  smile.gif

A Techsurvivors founder