Author Topic: MSN Messenger- Can't Verify Email Address  (Read 1191 times)

Offline amk285nyu

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
MSN Messenger- Can't Verify Email Address
« on: October 10, 2003, 10:28:28 PM »
I went to log onto MSN Messenger for the first time in over a year, but my old hotmail account is now defunct, so I had to go sign up for a new NET ID. I entered my current email address, but when I went to sign in on the messenger, it said I needed to verify my email address. It should be simple. I'm supposed to receive a message with the subject "Passport" and simply reply to verify. The problem is that I receive no email, so I can't verify, and thus I cannot use the software because I can't sign in.

What should I do?

Is there a patch for iChat that allows it to support MSN user accounts as well as AIM user accounts? That would be so nice. I hate Microsoft with my lifeblood.

Offline jepinto

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 05:44:14 AM »
I know this sounds absolutely simple...but could you have made a mistake in your email addy?

Does your email provider offer web based mail retreival?  Say webmail.yourisp.net?  Maybe one of your junk mail filters is preventing it from reaching you, and you can sign up again and retreive the passport message that way.
Do not fear your enemies.  The worse they can do is kill you.  Do not fear friends.  At worst, they may betray you.
Fear those who do not care; they neither kill nor betray, but betrayal and murder exist because of their silent consent.
~Bruno Jasienski~

Offline amk285nyu

• Super Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 12:34:53 PM »
I'm at NYU, and I'm on their server, but unless they have junk mail filters automatically engaged withouth my permission, I should have no junk mail filters on my account.