Author Topic: Safari Update 14.1 (again)  (Read 484 times)

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Safari Update 14.1 (again)
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:45:33 AM »
The 14.1 update to Safari actually first occurred back on April 26. There was a major bug and the update was pulled. It is now available... again.

I usually wait a couple of days before installing any updates from Apple. That's what I did in late April. I am also waiting a few days on this latest update.

It is sad to report that I have less trust in Apple updates than I do for other dev's updates. But the truth is, no app that I use will affect all the family computers as much as those from Apple. Plus, there are vastly more people using Apple's apps and OS (including older versions that are still supported) than many of my third-party apps. So any bugs or problems get reported much sooner and more publicly. :thumbup:

I think most advisors recommend waiting a few days or even a week before updating major Apple apps and even security updates. There are few worthwhile bragging rights from being the fist one on your block to discover a problem. :doh:

Of course, if a major and immediate security fix is offered, a delay may not be worth the risk. However, any major update should be made only after confirming that you have a bootable back of the app or the OS. As Randy Newman wrote: "It's a Jungle Out There!" :ohmy: :blink: :yes:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes: