Author Topic: Live update link for the "Let's Rock" Apple event  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
Live update link for the "Let's Rock" Apple event
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »
http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/09/09/live-...and-roll-event/

So far...new iTunes 9.

Jobs is doing the presentation - still looks incredibly thin, but good to see him back at the helm.

iTunes 9 seems to have improved syncing a whole lot - giving us options on what to sync from our playlists. (Finally - I no longer have to do it all by hand to stop ending up with all the Christmas stuff in July!) HomeSharing looks interesting - especially the ability to compare two libraries and only snag the stuff that is different.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:21:51 PM by Paddy »
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline Paddy

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • https://www.paddyduncan.com
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:16:23 PM »
New iPod Touch - 64 GB for $399. Prices lowered on others - 8GB for $199 and 16GB for $299. iPod Classic is now 160GB (again!) for same price as 120GB.

For me, that finally makes a Touch attractive, as my music collection is over 40GB and I don't want to have to pick and choose. However...I don't *need* one any time soon. tongue.gif

iPod Nano now has an "awesome" video camera. AND an FM tuner. AND a built-in microphone, speaker and pedometer. Two models: 8GB for $149, and 16GB for $179. All available today. (How DO they stuff all that in something the same size??) Red, Pink, Orange, silver, Black, Purple, Blue, Green or Yellow. I can see the Christmas lists now... rolleyes.gif
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:18:03 PM by Paddy »
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in." ~Author unknown •iMac 5K, 27" 3.6Ghz i9 (2019) • 16" M1 MBP(2021) • 9.7" iPad Pro • iPhone 13

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
giving us options on what to sync from our playlists.
I'm obviously not much of an iTunes user (although I did manage to get my granddaughters new Nano working on her playlists yesterday, with a thousand miles between us!), but can't one select songs on any playlist just as on the total music list? dntknw.gif I don't actually even have any 'playlists' to look at for that option. But I know the first thing I change/check on each new iTunes version is to make any updating totally MANUAL, thank you very much. wink.gif So this 'change' probably won't affect me in the least and I suspect this version may not even install on their iGloo! blush-anim-cl.gif Well, it looks like his could be near the end of the line for iTunes on their iMac. It's a 1 GHz model and the hardware specs look minimally acceptable. They don't have Safari 4, yet, however, although I don't know why that is really needed. dntknw.gif I sure don't want to be the one who tells their mother that if she had waited two weeks the $149 nano could have included a video camera! tomato.gif scram.gif
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:14:52 PM by Xairbusdriver »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes: