Author Topic: Jag - Fetch and Net issues  (Read 1310 times)

Offline kimmer

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Jag - Fetch and Net issues
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:43:30 PM »
Jag is giving me two major headaches:

Headache 1. I can no longer connect to our web site to upload files.
I have tried using Fetch (2 different versions, including the latest). I've also tried using GoLive's built in ftp function. Neither works. The only way I can upload files is to restart using my older hd, and OS 10.whateveritwasprejag. wink.gif Then I can use either program to get into the web sites (and this includes angelfire, sbc stuff, and our new domain). This is most frustrating and a huge time waster. dry.gif

Headache 2. Sneakers also upgraded to Jag (I think he was jealous wink.gif ) and now we can no longer connect to each other's puter. sad.gif
We have a small network set up here at home so that we can move files back and forth. Again, it all worked very nicely pre-Jag, but not in Jag. A twist: if Sneakers puter is running OS 9, and I'm in Jag - I can connect to him; but not if he is running Jag as well as me. Also, restarting and using the old hd (see above) I can connect.

In an effort to educate myself, I attempted to research this and wound up wading through more techno-babble then I thought was possible.  wacko.gif  I read stuff about using the terminal, but that I would not be able to transfer pages and images and such. Doesn't help me any. I also read things like "buy this program". Well, if that is the only way, I'll buy another program - maybe. But I'd like to make this work with what I have.

Sure would appreciate some nice, simple instructions on what I might need to turn on or off or whatever. I'm totally stumped and am about to go past the point of Excedrin doing me any good.  wallbash.gif  wink.gif

Setup:
G4
maxed on ram
2 hd's with plenty of space
OS 10.2.8
Fetch 4.0.3
GoLive 6.0
Asante hub with latest firmware

Thanks bunches.
kimmer

Offline jepinto

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 10:04:11 PM »
Kimmer:  I can't help with networking (but check for some recent relevant threads here on the board...look for RHPConuslt's and Airbusdirver's), but with the FTP...maybe.

In Fetch>Customize>Preferences>Firewall Check Use Passive Mode
Do not fear your enemies.  The worse they can do is kill you.  Do not fear friends.  At worst, they may betray you.
Fear those who do not care; they neither kill nor betray, but betrayal and murder exist because of their silent consent.
~Bruno Jasienski~

Offline kimmer

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 01:08:39 PM »
QUOTE(jepinto @ Jan 27 2004, 9:04 PM)
In Fetch>Customize>Preferences>Firewall Check Use Passive Mode

Thanks! Fetch is now working. smile.gif

I'll try to find those threads. I've searched using several different words and come up empty. In fact, I've searched here for 3 days trying to find all this info and just wound up more frustrated than ever. Obviously I need to refine my searching techniques.  tongue.gif