Archives > 2006

My iBook went red, green, blue, grey, black and then off

(1/1)

Frances144:
Well, as the topic suggests, my iBook's screen, while using iDVD for the BIG PROJECT, went blue, red, green, grey, black and then off.

Has this happened to anyone else.  I looked it up on the iBook G4 discussion page on Apple site and saw the words "logic board" so now I am very worried.  The iBook is not a year old (present from Mr Jobs) and this will be the second logic board in my life.

I back up every evening now and am very worried.

I have reset PMU and PRAM and done Onyx, TechTools, repaired permissions, Apple Hardware test - all showed nothing.

I tried looking on Console but it had cleared everything before and I couldn't see any clues.

Thanks
Frances

PS Love the new look - very snazzy!

PPS In everyone's absence I even had to join MacUser and return to MacFormat to find answers - nothing.

Gregg:
Frances, so sorry to hear that you're having more problems with your new iBook.

With no image, I'd be reduced to taking it in for service. I know that's not an easy option for you. I'd be surprised if someone can "talk you through" a fix for it.

I hope you can get another replacement. Best of luck!!

MacHeadCase:
Sounds like problems with the video card, Frances. You said "My iBook went red, green, blue, grey, black and then off"... That's RGB...  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version