Author Topic: Current banner...  (Read 1463 times)

Offline RNKIII

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://
Current banner...
« on: August 06, 2013, 07:59:47 PM »
Just wondering who lost or recently cut down a pine tree... as I'm quite certain that a pine of that size didn't grow horizontally.
Could it be that 'things' are being 'cleaned up' in NJ??

Inquiring minds....

I do like the picture, with the moss and pitch...

Bob K.   rnkiii
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:02:40 PM by RNKIII »
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to
use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.

Offline kimmer

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Current banner...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »
Pine tree damaged by the wind, and cut down by the US Forest Service. Location was on a trail heading to the "Cape Perpetua Shelter and Parapet" on the Oregon coast. We drove up the mountain, parked and hiked one of the trails, but I don't remember which one we took. Maybe Amanda's? Anyhow, found this tree and others while hiking. Sneakers took the photo and made the banner.

Either Sneakers or myself will work on adjusting photos of the rock shelter and the view, and share those with TS. The rock shelter has an amazing history.

I'll tell Sneakers that you like his photo.  smile.gif

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Current banner...
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »
I'd say it's a cut above some others. But I wood knot want to leave any myself out on a limb... without a paddle! wacko.gif
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:43:27 PM by Xairbusdriver »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline krissel

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Current banner...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 10:44:17 PM »
I love photos that show naturally occurring texture. smile.gif

QUOTE(RNKIII @ Aug 6 2013, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering who lost or recently cut down a pine tree... as I'm quite certain that a pine of that size didn't grow horizontally.
Could it be that 'things' are being 'cleaned up' in NJ??

Bob K.   rnkiii

"Things" are still pretty messy in NJ.  My neighbor came over during the winter and cut back enough of the huge oak tree that was laying into the yard so I could mow the lawn this summer. But about 40 feet of the trunk is still there and oddly enough has sprouted hundreds of little branches. I'll try to get a pic of them since it looks really odd. All the little trees it also took down are browned out under it. Not a pretty sight.

Otherwise, there are three more huge trees that are down in the back but are mostly in a wooded area so I have no inclination to try to cut them up or remove them. Whoever buys the house will have to decide if they want to do that. It looks like Godzilla had a tantrum and took it out on the woods. rolleyes.gif

A Techsurvivors founder

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
Current banner...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
So the roots, enough of them, anyway, of that Oak are still in the ground? wink.gif That's no going to make it any easier to cut it up and get all the roots... they're still growing... down, sideways, etc. Sounds like you really need a professional to handle removing it. I'd suggest a tree professional... most professional accountants would only tell you how much it will cost, and professional pilots would tell you to keep lots of altitude and you'll never see it and professional web designers will just try to use Flash on a web site about fallen trees... yep, stick with the tree kind... You're welcome. salute.gif
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline Highmac

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
    • View Profile
Current banner...
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
When we had a tree removed (you may recall the cedar we had to prune holes in to clear the footway) the team ground the stump down to well below ground level to make sure it did not sprout back. They did the whole job in a morning, although our tree was small compared with the one in the banner. Ours was about 35-40ft tall and the trunk was nowhere near the diameter of that one. But when I say the whole job, that included cutting up and removing all the tree remains and leaving the site levelled.

Definitely worth getting a professional in, but I don't think our blokes take jobs that far from home biggrin.gif
Neil
MacMini (2018) OS10.14.6 (Mojave). Monitor: LG 27in 4K Ultra HD LED.
15in MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) OS10.13.4 (High Sierra);
15in MacBook Pro (2010), (ex-Snow Leopard); now OS10.13.6 (High Sierra); 500GB Solid-State SATA drive; 4GB memory.