Author Topic: iPad question. . .  (Read 1519 times)

Offline beacher

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://sonofabeach-beacher.blogspot.com/
iPad question. . .
« on: November 07, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »
Something new is happening in IOS 10.1.1 that hasn't been happening before, and I'm hoping you guys can help; before, when I had a link open in Safari, for a radio station, I could be listening to that while reading something in another "window".  Now that ability seems to have been taken away.  I've tried using TuneIn, but the same thing seems to have happened to that.  I've messed with the background refresh settings and that doesn't seem to have any effect either.  Anyone have a solution to this?

Offline Xairbusdriver

• Administrator
  • TS Addict
  • 27" iMac (mid-17), Big Sur, Mac mini, Catalina
    • View Profile
    • Mid-South Weather
iPad question. . .
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:52:25 PM »
I use Simple Radio (an iOS app) and it's playing a streaming local HD station as I'm typing this. Have to admit I've never tried playing audio on one tab while viewing another. Not sure I'd even want 'noise' from two tabs/windows at the same time. dntknw.gif BTW, it's doing fine on plain cell connection. No WiFi needed.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:57:18 PM by Xairbusdriver »
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system
CAUTION! Childhood vaccinations cause adults! :yes:

Offline beacher

• TS Addict
    • View Profile
    • http://sonofabeach-beacher.blogspot.com/
iPad question. . .
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:13:41 AM »
Thanks, Jim; I'll check this out!  Oddly enough, this behavior is not consistent; somedays I have no problem with Tunein, or even a tab in Safari being tuned into my favorite channel keepin' on keepin' on while I'm viewing another tab, and then there are days when it just gradually fades out, seconds after I go to another tab, or another app. . . Very mysterious!