Archives > 2009

Can anyone identify this extension?

(1/4) > >>

dakota:
I just upgraded to Snow Leopard, and aside from some minor glitches ( I installed the newest driver for my printer, but it seems to be using the old driver), and some other disabled items, I am getting the following popup - The system extension "/System/Library/ Extensions/ CNQL401_Classic Not Seize Kext" was installed improperly and can not be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product vendor for an update.

I have NO idea what this refers to. Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

Xairbusdriver:
So, does that printer have OS X drivers? Looks like it is trying to use OS 9 drivers/extensions.

Are you running in Classic when this happens? While I thought Apple had eased the problem of printing from Classic, if these drivers attempt to access the printer by directly using the hardware, Classic is not the best choice for them.

Is that a Canon printer? Did you use the updates for that brand at <Apple's Download Support page>?

BTW, how 'bout updating your Profile info.

dakota:
I don't have Classic. My scanner is a Canon, and it seems to be working.  My printer is an Epson R2400. I think I do have some old stuff floating around from an old Epson scanner which I have not  used in a few years, and possibly from a defunct Epson printer..

Highmac:
Not sure whether this will help reduce the mystery, but Googling CNQL401 returned nothing; changing it to CNQL40* found this Japanese page which, if nothing else, seems to suggest it is to do with the Canon scanner. Two lines read:
QUOTEインストール済み ginji:Library:Preferences:CanoScan LiDE 50:CNQL40.DAT

作成されたフォルダ: ginji:System:Library:Extensions:CNQL1208_ClassicNotSeize.kext

Hopefully some more technically minded person can throw more light on the subject.

Edit to add: This MacOSX.com problem solver (from 2006) just might be of help - Installing Canon scanner software

tacit:
QUOTE(dakota @ Nov 19 2009, 10:48 PM) I just upgraded to Snow Leopard, and aside from some minor glitches ( I installed the newest driver for my printer, but it seems to be using the old driver), and some other disabled items, I am getting the following popup - The system extension "/System/Library/ Extensions/ CNQL401_Classic Not Seize Kext" was installed improperly and can not be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product vendor for an update.

I have NO idea what this refers to. Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

It refers to a file named "CNQL401_Classic Not Seize.Kext" which is located inside of a folder called "Extensions" inside a folder called "library" inside the folder called "system" on your hard drive.

A Kext is a Kernel Extension. It is essentially an OS X driver. The error message is telling you that the driver for your CNQL401, whatever that may be, is not installed correctly and must be re-installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version