Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: cdub1988 on May 05, 2003, 06:27:00 PM

Title: Need help with video.
Post by: cdub1988 on May 05, 2003, 06:27:00 PM
OK, I think I may be off my rocker a bit here, but I've got a 6500 that I KNOW would allow me to run 1024x768 before and I can't seem to go any higher than 640x480 right now.

I looked  at the specs and they say I should be able to feasably handle up to 1024 at 16-bit, which works fine for me.

I just bought a used NEC MultiSync XV15+ for $40 and I'd really like to be able to use the larger desktop area.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Chris
Title: Need help with video.
Post by: Peter on May 05, 2003, 06:41:00 PM
Have You Gone Into The Monitors Control Panel and changed the setting from "recommended" to "all"?  I think thats wahat we did on our 6500 before we could go up to 800x600 on our Apple 17" Monitor.

Hope This Helps
Peter
Title: Need help with video.
Post by: Bernie on May 05, 2003, 06:51:00 PM
Hi, are you using an Video adapter ?  That can be it?
Title: Need help with video.
Post by: cdub1988 on May 05, 2003, 08:14:00 PM
Chris <----- BONEHEAD.    

Zapped PRAM.

Problem solved.

Sorry to waste the space on my idiocy.    

Thanks, though, OF and Bernie.

Chris
Title: Need help with video.
Post by: Bernie on May 05, 2003, 10:01:00 PM
I was thinking of letting you know to either reset the Cuda switch or Zap but I said to myself. "Nah Chris already knows that" OH Well, I'm glad no one helped. LOL
Title: Need help with video.
Post by: cdub1988 on May 05, 2003, 10:19:00 PM
Well, Chris SHOULD have known that, but wasn't thinking from the ground up.            

Take care, El Bernito.    

Chris