Techsurvivors

Archives => 2006 => Topic started by: D76 on July 05, 2006, 08:32:48 AM

Title: The Interweb
Post by: D76 on July 05, 2006, 08:32:48 AM
It is to weep.

This guy's clones are everywhere. Canada's (and those of Toronto that's on the hook for millions after a recent computer-sales scam) make him look like Einstein.

Our fate is in their hands.
Title: The Interweb
Post by: swhitset on July 05, 2006, 08:41:20 AM
Listen to this weeks TWIT  for more.

Steve
Title: The Interweb
Post by: gunug on July 05, 2006, 09:28:41 AM
This is "the Tubes" guy isn't it!  

http://www.techsurvivors.net/forums/index....showtopic=13082

It's nice he has such a fine grasp of things!  I bet he could teach computer
science somewhere! smile.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: pendragon on July 05, 2006, 09:38:16 AM
It wasn't until early this morning that I (finally) finished reading every link on the interweb. Whew!

Now, my lips are tired. yum.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: D76 on July 05, 2006, 10:23:54 AM
QUOTE(gunug @ Jul 5 2006, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is "the Tubes" guy isn't it!
Sorry, gunug. I didn't realize you had covered this buffoon.

QUOTE(pendragon @ Jul 5 2006, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It  wasn't until early this morning that I (finally) finished reading every  link on the interweb. Whew!
Me too. I realized there was nothing more to the interweb when I landed here. Now that I know everything, I can finally rip out those pneumatic tubes in my house and stop bumping my head. They're all plugged up with movies, anyway.

By the way, this is the bridge to nowhere guy.
Title: The Interweb
Post by: gunug on July 05, 2006, 01:00:37 PM
I don't think he started the bridge but he's the one that looks like the biggest jackass:

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/20...s/index_np.html

QUOTE
No politician better flaunts an ability to bring home the bacon than Alaska's Don Young. As chairman of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and Alaska's lone congressional representative for 32 years, the elder statesman wrangled $941 million for Alaska in the bill, making Alaska, the nation's third least populated state, the fourth-biggest recipient of transportation funds. The money for the bill is fed by a gas tax at the pump, but this slush fund isn't redistributed to all Americans equally: The bill spends $86 per person on a national average; it spends an estimated $1,500 on every Alaskan.
Title: The Interweb
Post by: kelly on July 05, 2006, 07:51:11 PM
I listened to that TWIT today. Unbelievable.  huh.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: krissel on July 06, 2006, 12:56:03 AM
smile.gif

An explanation of where that "internet" file went...

http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/index.blog?entry_id=1513010
Title: The Interweb
Post by: Paddy on July 06, 2006, 12:52:04 PM
rofl.gif

Ok...who elected this twit?

"The best minds are not in government." -- Ronald Reagan. wink.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: Gregg on July 06, 2006, 02:58:07 PM
Thought I was headed to the TS site...

Must've turned left. wink.gif

offtopic.gif :toxic:
Title: The Interweb
Post by: Paddy on July 06, 2006, 03:13:59 PM
Gross stupidity, last time I checked, isn't bound by political affiliation (though some may beg to differ!)....

wink.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: gunug on July 06, 2006, 07:18:07 PM
Saw this at Boing-Boing and it seems to be the source of the Senators edumacation:

http://images.agblog.com/michigan/Hands_On...networks?full=1

This is a demonstration of the packet-switch network using tubes and ball-bearings.
Title: The Interweb
Post by: D76 on July 06, 2006, 09:25:05 PM
It looks like the movie Pirates of the Caribbean is playing. The sails from the pirate ship made it through the tubes. You can see them at the top right.

I dunno how many important letters will be blocked by a wooden ship before it gets through, especially if the yardarms aren't parallel with the hull.

There's just no way of knowing.
Title: The Interweb
Post by: Gregg on July 07, 2006, 08:00:15 AM
Paddy, I was merely commenting on the direction the previous posts were listing. Had it been the other way, I would have noted it as such.
Title: The Interweb
Post by: gunug on July 07, 2006, 08:08:23 AM
A muttonhead by any other name would still smell of sheep!
Title: The Interweb
Post by: kelly on July 20, 2006, 07:44:45 PM
The "PC Guy" on The Daily Show. PG Rated. smile.gif

The Internet Is Not A Big Truck: Featuring John Hodgman

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/the-interne...gman-188748.php

QT Version.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/0...lity-once-more/
Title: The Interweb
Post by: sandyman on July 21, 2006, 08:27:39 AM
It was also "covered" on Userfriendly for three days biggrin.gif

By the way "Tube" where I come from can also mean "Idiot".

As in **** **** (insert name of politician)  is a right tube biggrin.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: gunug on July 21, 2006, 09:32:11 AM
This is a link to a page at the Anchorage Daily News with their take on Steven's, including Haiku:

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/b...p-7881638c.html

QUOTE
Bridges to nowhere
mean job security for
congressman for life

Arrogance, thy name
is Frank; personality
transplant needed stat
Title: The Interweb
Post by: Xairbusdriver on July 21, 2006, 08:19:30 PM
QUOTE(gunug @ Jul 6 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw this at Boing-Boing and it seems to be the source of the Senators edumacation:

http://images.agblog.com/michigan/Hands_On...networks?full=1

This is a demonstration of the packet-switch network using tubes and ball-bearings.
I was going to watch the 'show' but my monitor is not big enough. With images like that trying to get through the 'tubes' it's no wonder they get filled up so fast! harhar.gif But why would anyone make images for the internet so large, anyway. dntknw.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: gunug on July 24, 2006, 10:58:23 AM
Something else in this line:



No further comment except hardware hackers are strange people (this is from the HOPE hackers conference in NYC).  smile.gif
Title: The Interweb
Post by: D76 on July 24, 2006, 07:10:53 PM
The senator's tubes are taking on the aura of "All your base are belong to us." His tubes are all over the place.

Flickr went down the other day, and the page apologizing for it had two huge circles next to each other, with a statement below them saying the tubes were plugged.

No mention, though, of calling in Roto-Rooter.