Techsurvivors

Archives => 2007 => Topic started by: () on March 01, 2007, 02:06:57 PM

Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: () on March 01, 2007, 02:06:57 PM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/sys/286703645.html

The CompUSA located in Redondo Beach, CA. area is closing and offering discounts on Mac products and stuff.

ENJOY! cheer.gif
Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: Xairbusdriver on March 01, 2007, 04:17:53 PM
More old news. They announced last Friday ( Feb. 23 ) that they would be closing nearly 50% of their stores. Closed the one here over two months ago. Cheap junque is no better than expensive junque, IMHO. The good news is that there will be no change in the 'support' you'll get from them. laugh.gif
Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: () on March 01, 2007, 07:39:21 PM
old news to you, but new to me!

 harhar.gif
Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: krissel on March 02, 2007, 04:33:02 AM
THANK YOU, for posting this.

I have a $200 gift card to CompUSA and the local store will be one of those closing. I had no idea. The only remaining one in NJ is nearly two hours away and I can't use the card online.

So you have saved me $ and a big headache.  smile.gif

Here is a list of the remaining stores:

http://www.compusa.com/locations/store.asp
Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: () on March 02, 2007, 08:24:45 PM
Krissel, I hope yoiu fine some great deals there.

 flower-smilie.gif
Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: gunug on March 03, 2007, 02:03:50 AM
They're closing the Kansas City store; leaving Wichita in place.  I check them out for bargins but don't go there on a regular basis; probably why that Mexican man (named Slim?) is closing it. . .it's all my fault!   smile.gif


Later:

A friend suggested when we heard about this that they may not have lots of bargins but rather do what Circuit City did when they moved out: Ship all of the good stuff out and ship trash they can't sell elsewhere into the stores that are closing!
Title: OT: CompUSA Redondo Store closing....
Post by: Gregg on March 03, 2007, 07:13:21 AM
I had not heard of this either. I'll have to see if our store is closing. I don't go there very often.