Techsurvivors
Archives => 2007 => Topic started by: daryl66 on March 03, 2007, 11:50:38 AM
-
Since mid December this IMAC G5 has been in the AAD's repair shop 4 times to address the Power supply/logic board problem covered by the extended warantee program. There is no Apple store within 250 miles.
1st trip, they replaced the power supply $250 cost to Apple ( their invoice ).
2nd trip, replaced the logic board. $600
3rd trip replaced the logic board again $600
4th trip replaced both the logic board and the Power supply, after a nice letter to Cupertino addressed to his Steveness asking for assistance and requesting an upgrade, replacement, factory fix or whatever. I received a telephone call 3 days after mailing the letter advising me that the program was suppose to replace both parts simultaniously, and to take it back one more time. The machine has been performing like it did when it was new now for about 3 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.
Apple has spent about $2300 bucks on this machine which only cost about 1400 dollars new. I did purchase it from ClubMac, and customer support indicated they could/would not replace it for that reason. Not sure I understand the business logic however I am very happy with their attitude and responsiveness. Sure could have gone another direction.
Daryl
-
Wow, I had to have a sighted iMAC G5 worked over 3 times before it seemed to settle in; but you've got me beat Daryl!
-
Sightless / Sighted ?
Now it sees you, now it doesn't.
It's magic!
-
i'm still in a war with Apple over my MacBook.
Good going Daryl!
I did get them to replace my PowerBook G4 with another one which went up on eBay and i bought the MacBook with that money.
-
Thanks to TS, I knew exactly what needed to be done when my iMac cooked off its power supply last summer. My little local Mac store fixed it for nothing, but said that he did NOT replace the Logic Board, as he thought that it was OK. But a day or so later, zap, out went power supply #2, so when I took it back I said that they had to replace both. At least that is what was advised, so they did. But think of the extra time and one extra power supply that was cooked, that runs into money as you have pointed out. All this at no cost to me, and the store got reimbursed, but if things were done right the first time, it would have been cheaper for Apple.
And the instructions are on their help site.
Jane