Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: bil207 on February 13, 2003, 08:07:00 AM

Title: Old Mac takes High-Tech Photo
Post by: bil207 on February 13, 2003, 08:07:00 AM
"High-tech shuttle pic really low-tech"
Title: Old Mac takes High-Tech Photo
Post by: kelly on February 13, 2003, 11:05:00 PM
Diana beat you to it.  

I'm curious to know just which machine it was.
Title: Old Mac takes High-Tech Photo
Post by: zodraz on February 13, 2003, 01:24:00 PM
I'll bet it was an SE30 or "Classic".

They're quite "portable"; which would make sense if you were outside with a telescope.

With the all the technology they get to play with, it's interesting that they choose such an old machine.

But maybe not. Kind of like seeing if you could get a model "T" to go 60 miles an hour!
Title: Old Mac takes High-Tech Photo
Post by: neokm on February 13, 2003, 03:59:00 PM
Regarless of the box - it was most likely taken with an Apple Quicktake 200 (with a Fuijinon lens) straped to the scope's eyepiece. I doubt if it was a direct digital feed if as they say a "stock" scope.