Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: Bill on February 12, 2003, 04:54:00 PM

Title: Screensaver For 9 and X
Post by: Bill on February 12, 2003, 04:54:00 PM
by Jim Sachs = Marine Aquarium
http://www.serenescreen.com/
http://www.serenescreen.com/product/

(Click on the thumbnails below for examples)

Someone at work said "you have a mac don't you"? Here .. I can't use it. <gr>
I tried the screensaver on 9.2.2. but didn't in X. X already has a great screensaver.
I'm sure some of you have seen this screensaver on monitors run with windows machines in stores.
Not to bad a SS. Basic fishies swimming around, sound for the bubbles that you can turn off or on, the lighting fades.

That is if ones into screensavers.  

....
Title: Screensaver For 9 and X
Post by: sluggo on February 12, 2003, 06:51:00 PM
Sure is a pretty little thing, but I can't see forking out $21.95 for a screensaver.
Title: Screensaver For 9 and X
Post by: Bill on February 13, 2003, 06:12:00 PM
Know what you mean Todd.  

This day and age,22 bucks won't even fill up the gas tank (well maybe).
Title: Screensaver For 9 and X
Post by: bil207 on February 13, 2003, 06:35:00 PM
I paid $11.95 for it at MacWorld NY last summer. Considering that it was the only purchase I made at the expo (I also had free tickets) all in all a pretty cheap day out.
Title: Screensaver For 9 and X
Post by: sluggo on February 13, 2003, 07:06:00 PM
You're right Bill. I drive an F-150 4x4 and today it was $37.00 to fill the thing. Like I said, very nice screensaver and I'm sure I would use it, but look at all the other shareware you can get for that price or less.