Techsurvivors

Archives => 2007 => Topic started by: bil207 on October 01, 2007, 08:06:07 AM

Title: Apple's User Base Rising
Post by: bil207 on October 01, 2007, 08:06:07 AM
Mac Installed Base Hits 6.6% in September thumbup.gif
Title: Apple's User Base Rising
Post by: Paddy on October 01, 2007, 10:18:16 AM
Not surprising - if you've flown lately and looked around in the airport waiting rooms - lots of MacBooks and Powerbooks in evidence. I've even seen them outnumber PCs on a few occasions. My niece has just started college here in Ontario and reports that a number of her classmates have shiny new Macbooks like hers. Hers is the first Mac in that branch of the family and now her father is thinking of getting an iMac to replace their aging PC!

I'm converting them all...slowly...  Devilish2.gif
Title: Apple's User Base Rising
Post by: chriskleeman on October 01, 2007, 10:31:05 AM
QUOTE(Paddy @ Oct 1 2007, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm converting them all...slowly...  Devilish2.gif


 clap.gif salute.gif  

CK
Title: Apple's User Base Rising
Post by: Xairbusdriver on October 01, 2007, 02:52:11 PM
Had a friend ask about an Apple laptop for his college bound son. The college and some prof's had even recommended Apple for his major (music-related). But their primary concern was purchase cost. Not sure how well they researched the software he'll be needing nor what comes installed on what they bought, certainly nothing too useful for music studies. Oh well, you can't make suggestions to people who already have their minds made up! I know that from personal experience! smile.gif