Techsurvivors
Welcome to Techsurvivors => Community => Topic started by: Xairbusdriver on October 02, 2007, 05:44:19 PM
-
We've been told that the first use of the term "bug" in computerdom arose because a real insect found its way into the hardware of a very early computer and caused a problem. Apparently, Apple is making sure that is not possible in some of its hardware. Behold:<The Inside of a New Aluminum iMac>
Unfortunately, "bugs" have mutated into digital invertebrates and can now live inside "code!" But it's probably more comfortable living in software than in hardware! You saw that coming, didn't you?
-
I saw this picture of a guy getting ready to "kill a bug" at the same flicker stream that your link above came from:
-
So, how far did you carry that thing?!

No doubt many have considered that type of exercise when confronted with computer problems!
-
That isn't me, although I kind of looked that way in my younger days; I think that's the way IT people dress in Scotland (perhaps Sandyman could verify this). When worse comes to worse we just shake a large hammer at the offending piece of &$#*$, er hardware!