Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: Gregg on May 10, 2003, 06:22:17 PM

Title: Test
Post by: Gregg on May 10, 2003, 06:22:17 PM
Sorry for this thread. It can be deleted.

I tried to reply to two others, but didn't have more than five minutes
to waste waiting to see if the page just wasn't loaded fully or not.
I couldn't get a cursor in the "compose" area in order to type anything.
Surprisingly, I can when I start a new topic. Strange.
 wallbash.gif
Title: Test
Post by: sandbox on May 11, 2003, 01:26:30 PM
Gregg, if you want it deleted just say so.....  ph34r.gif
Title: Test
Post by: Gregg on May 12, 2003, 08:12:18 AM
Works better, reads better at my office with Windows and Explorer. What versions? Beats me. It's harder to find that out here than on my Mac, which has OS9.2.2 and Netscape 4.8
Title: Test
Post by: krissel on May 12, 2003, 08:30:30 PM
Gregg, is there some reason why you don't upgrade to  Netscape 7?

I'm a regular IE user but I have N7 as my second browser and it works really well with this site, only glitches I have seen so far are missing background textures in a couple skins. Reply boxes behave fine like in IE.

I know people get used to certain browsers and don't like change but sooner or later the advancement of the net will make it harder for older ones to work everywhere.
I gave up on Netscape a couple years ago but am now giving it another shot. It's missing some features from IE and the Command+click does not work with my mouse button setting to open new tabs but is usable and the tabs are very handy.
If I ran X I probably would be running Safari as well.

Give it a try, you don't need the mail part, just do a custom install for the browser only.
Title: Test
Post by: Gregg on May 13, 2003, 07:57:02 AM
QUOTE(krissel @ May 12 2003, 7:30 PM)
...is there some reason why you don't upgrade to  Netscape 7?

Give it a try, you don't need the mail part, just do a custom install for the browser only.

 Yes, I tried NS7 once and it was a dud. If I recall correctly, the problem was "the mail part". I use NS for browsing and e-mail, and I like the idea of one application for both. I save lots of e-mail messages permanently. I do not want to change e-mail programs. I believe it was NS7.01 that I tried, and I have downloaded 7.02 but haven't had the time, energy or inclination to give it a tryout.