Techsurvivors
Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: pendragon on May 14, 2003, 08:51:30 AM
-
http://www.space.com/spacewatch/lunar_ecli...ews_030425.html
And the goblins will prowl...
Harv
-
Cool. Thanks Harv.

Saw a great one about 25 years ago.
You could really tell the 3-D roundness of the Moon.
-
Oh, poo.
We're supposed to have a stormy night.
-
Not to worry Kris. There will be another on Nov 8.
Harv
-
No need for that picture now.

This is the kind of thing I was referring to. 

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/imag...day_030515.html
http://www.space.com/
-
So - guess what happened here. Inevitably, after a run of clear days and nights, it rained last night.... and it's still raining. Anybody actually see the eclipse?

Never mind, I'll catch the rerun on TV
-
While it was happening all throughout other lands, it was still sunlight at the time here.
-
Given the choice, Al, I'd prefer to have missed it the way you did - and where you are!!
-
Saw it well here in the heartland......
Wife and I went out into the country to get away from the lights and sat for some time watching it from about 1/2 coverage to totality. Very impressive and beautiful.
Thanks Mother Nature,,
Bob K.
-
Here in North Central Florida the eclipse was beautiful. We watched from about 1/4 coverage to full eclipse. It was facinating to watch the stars come out as the moon darkened.
The moon also appeared to shrink as it was shadowed...the last sliver of light on top appearing to be squeezed as it was being shoved into the shadow bottle..
-
Rain-

Harv
-
Total overcast here at that time.
Some good pictures.
http://www.spaceweather.com/eclipses/galle...ry_15may03.html
http://www.spaceweather.com/
-
Got home from work tired. Walking from the garage towards the house with molly and I rememberd the eclipse. I said to Ann "Look at the Moon, You can barely see it" Well Just after washing up got online to check out TS. Ann comes into my study stating. " That Moon you could barely see was a Street Lamp!" LOL Boy! See what happens after a 14 hour day.
-
It was good here in Central Wisconsin.
I watched it from 9:00 till 10:45. It never did turn copper color though.
I watched it through my binoculars. Very nice indeed.
My neighbor had his digital camera on a tripod and took some pictures.
-
My new neighbor [down the road] got so excited she actually ran a comb through her mustache.
Turned between orange and reddish (moon .. that is) for about twenty minutes.