All that’s missing from my collection of filed items in my now well-functioning MAIL app are the “texts” in the winndows in my Drafts Folder, and my Signatures. Probably some greater meaning there, but I didn’t lose any sleep last night over that.
I think the best plan for me is just to hold your respective coats . . . well off at the sidelines.
Here’s my summary:
I “lost” access to my Comcast account several/many weeks ago, but paid little attention because it seldom contains any mail of much consequence.
When I started to √√ my settings for all the accounts, Comcast's appeared OK to me. So I called their very polite local tech support center. We are happy campers with Comcast’s cable/phone/internet trifecta . . . really. Mileage does vary.
Comcast’s guy was not a Mac expert, but he had a protocol and everything checked-out as we went down my settings. He told me when he reached his limit of Mac knowledge.
Next call to AppleCare. Luck of the draw got me to" Malcolm". We were on the phone somewhere between 90 and 120 minutes. We also began with the settings. He said they were OK. Then we went to the plist, duly saved it on the DT. No change upon restarting MAIL. Then, we looked (in great detail) at the contents of HOME––>LIBRARY––>MAIL. Whatever messed that folder over (and when) did quite a job . . . there were several dozen items, several nested MAIL folders, not many of which made much sense even to Malcolm, as I described them. Slowly removed them and rebooted MAIL repeatedly. Saved ‘em all in the Archives.
Lastly, went into keychain repair, something I knew/know nothing about. Completed that drill. Then
replaced the original .
plist back into the folder, commanding replacement of the “
newer” item with the “
older” and
Bingo!, there’s Comcast in all it’s glory (w/178 items mostly duplicate items from the Wall Street Journal).
Why it worked that way really escapes my limited conceptual ability. Where those multi-multi-folders in LIBRARY––>MAIL came from (still stashed) is an equal mystery.
All that’s missing from my collection of filed items in my now well-functioning MAIL app are the “texts” in the winndows in my Drafts Folder, and my Signatures. Probably some greater meaning there, but I didn’t lose any sleep last night over that.
That’s my story and I’m sticking with it. AOK along The Bay.