Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: CyberPet on June 03, 2003, 01:58:49 AM

Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: CyberPet on June 03, 2003, 01:58:49 AM
Now I'm back in old Sweden again after 2 weeks in Canada. It's been great even if I didn't feel totally 100% all the time. I was suffering from allergies, back ache and an oncoming cold (that my dear nephew gave to everyone).

I've written a travel diary in Swedish and then I've made a shorter version (still long) in english too. Ignore all spelling and grammar errors and perhaps enjoy the pictures instead.

The diary should hopefully be found here: http://halls-lulea.com/canada/eng/

If it's not working, try the backup I've set up on my iDisk: http://homepage.mac.com/petrah/canada/eng/

I love Canada!  wub.gif
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: JohnKentucky on June 03, 2003, 03:57:57 AM
Welcome back! As you come back, I head out!

What did you use to write a diary? I wouldn't mind doing that while I'm gone too...
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: jwboyd on June 03, 2003, 08:47:32 AM
Thanks, Petra, for sharing all of this with us.

Continued good wishes to you and Ben. wub.gif
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: Gary S on June 03, 2003, 09:51:30 AM
Petra,

I'm glad you had such a good time on vacation. It was great being able to chat with you on iChat while you were in Canada. smile.gif
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: Audone on June 03, 2003, 10:06:32 AM
Thanks so much, Petra, for sharing this small part of your life!  I loved looking at your pictures and reading the diary .... what a marvellous idea!  clap.gif   I think Canada misses you as much as you miss Canada!  wub.gif
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: Mrious_be on June 03, 2003, 11:42:15 AM
Welcome back Petra smile.gif
Hope you get used to live in Sweden soon again wink.gif
Nice idea about the diary, i'll have to check it up later and see what great pictures are stored for us wink.gif

Nice seeing you again... although i did saw you on iChat while you were in Canada wink.gif

smile.gif
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: CyberPet on June 03, 2003, 11:59:02 AM
Thank you guys, you are the best!  wub.gif

I had some problems with our server at home so I had to upload everything to iDisk (very slow!!!!) since I'm fairly good with Adobe GoLive I wrote my diary in that and just resaved the index-file to the iDisk after I had updated the diary.

Now my cold has really broken out (NO it's not SARS!) and my nose is runny.... eeeeek. Good thing the nephew is so far away or I'd spank his cute bum... bad boy. (but he's soooo cute!).
Title: OT: I'm back home again!
Post by: krissel on June 03, 2003, 10:23:28 PM
Thanks for writing up all your travels.
It is almost like being there, without getting the cold. wink.gif

Those panoramas are terrific!  clap.gif