Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: sokukodo on June 08, 2003, 11:20:19 AM

Title: Keyboard sound control
Post by: sokukodo on June 08, 2003, 11:20:19 AM
A few days ago, my keyboard keys that are used to control sound volume quit working. I can control the sound through the system preferences "Sound" doo-hickey, or from the upper taskbar on the desktop (I'm using SoundSticks/iSub combo); when I either try to raise or lower the volume from the keyboard, I can hear the "feedback" on the little speakers on my iMac (Summer 2000 edition), but not on the soundsticks, even though, in the sound preference panel, "soundsticks" is selected.   wallbash.gif
Title: Keyboard sound control
Post by: Mrious_be on June 08, 2003, 12:39:57 PM
Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the soundsticks them self? blush-anim-cl.gif
Worth checking.

smile.gif
Title: Keyboard sound control
Post by: krissel on June 08, 2003, 07:21:05 PM
Try throwing away your Hotkey, Keyboard and Sound prefs.

Then reselect your choices.
Title: Keyboard sound control
Post by: sokukodo on June 08, 2003, 10:17:50 PM
Hmm ... those preferences are in my system file: won't allow me to delete. nono.gif
Title: Keyboard sound control
Post by: krissel on June 09, 2003, 12:36:27 AM
Put them in the trash, restart, empty trash then reset.