Techsurvivors

Welcome to Techsurvivors => Tech => Topic started by: Paddy on March 23, 2010, 08:59:33 PM

Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: Paddy on March 23, 2010, 08:59:33 PM
http://www.macworld.com/article/150044/201.../cs5launch.html

(hmm - I wasn't far off in my guess...) wink.gif
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: Parker on March 23, 2010, 09:35:19 PM
I can't wait to get my paws on this and take it for a test drive. Hopefully, my school gets it on their workstations so I can play around with it. (I don't know if a machine running on a Novell network is worthy enough to be called a 'computer'  rant.gif  laugh.gif )

It'll probably be some time before I get it for my laptop, considering I was forced to switch over to CS3 when my CS1 decided to cause problems. Adobe does offer pretty good deals for students tho! (take advantage of all the discounts you can mooch off of your kids and grandkids while you can!) They're basically giving away Photoshop for $199 and some places you can even find it cheaper!!!

Check out this site-- You don't only need to be a college student to receive discounts... Any student/faculty member is eligible, and even the general public for some products!
http://www.academicsuperstore.com/products...toshop+Extended


... WOW.gif!! CS4 Suite Premium is only $300!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: Paddy on March 24, 2010, 01:36:38 PM
Check this out - pretty amazing "party piece"!!!! Watch the video. Worth the upgrade price alone...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2010/03/24/ph...ew-party-piece/

WOW.gif
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: Xairbusdriver on March 24, 2010, 01:51:46 PM
QUOTE
only $300!!!!!!!!!
All I can say is that <$100 is usually my top limit, <$75 even better. For $300 I want a machine that completely runs itself! laughhard.gif Money, will take on slightly different value when all your supply comes from your own endeavors... yes.gif Although, I completely agree that any discount you can get, you should take (as long as your soul is not part of the deal, of course!)! nono.gif Thinking.gif Just wondering, would buying something from Adobe also include parts of ones soul? dntknw.gif smile.gif inspect.gif rofl.gif
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: Parker on March 26, 2010, 12:38:11 AM
However proportionate to its regular price tag, 300 is a bargin compared to 4 digits!
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: jcarter on March 26, 2010, 06:58:55 AM
Thats amazing!
I might spring for this new version.
Though my husband is retired, so no longer eligable for the Academic Superstore.
The upgrade cost is well worth it.
Thanks for that great link,
Jane
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: krissel on March 30, 2010, 07:19:59 AM
OK, I now see a line of unemployed graphic artists waiting for the government handout....

BTW, GIMP has this feature now.

http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer


But you really have to see this use of the Content Aware action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScWu7pG7r0

toothgrin.gif
Title: Adobe CS5 to be unveiled April 12
Post by: Paddy on March 30, 2010, 07:57:28 AM
The YouTube video was priceless. biggrin.gif

Re: Gimp and Resynthesizer, y'all might want to read the comments following this article this before assuming that it's as good as Photoshop etc.:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/photosh...lugin-gimp.html

QUOTE
Sure, we've had that plugin for years, but at the moment the author has acknoledged that there's problems with it working with the current gimp api. In addition it is prone to crashing gimp and has now been abandoned by the author.


Plus, the author freely admits on his web page that he hasn't maintained it and invites people to take over the plug-in's development.

And then there is this comparison of Gimp and Photoshop to consider: http://santiance.com/2010/02/gimp-vs-photoshop/

Gimp is probably fine for a lot of people - I'm not knocking it. It does have limitations though and is not necessarily an exact replacement for Photoshop, depending on what you're doing. That said - for free, it's pretty cool. If I didn't have CS4 and had no money to buy it or even Photoshop Elements, I'd certainly consider it. (I actually do have it - just don't use it, as my workflow is Lightroom->Photoshop)