Techsurvivors
Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: danf63 on June 26, 2003, 09:23:36 AM
-
Hi everyone
I'm trying to make a personal ad for my neice (it's in the early stages) and I'm having trouble matching the color from the background of the web page to a color in two images: http://homepage.mac.com/aixa/johana
In the image that says Johana, I used Photoshop 7 and entered the same hexidecimal number that I had as the page background (ec3163). Johana's picture had to be scanned, so I had to work on it in school using Photoshop 5 LE where there doesn't seem to be that same option. I had to do it by eye.
Neither of the three colors seem to quite match. Is there a solution for this?
Dan
-
I'm far from an expert on this, but two things come to mind.
First, the color profile used...I noticed in Photoshop options like AppleRGB, Adobe RGB, sRGB IEC61966, etc. Wonder if that has something to do with it...
Just a suggestion: create a background gif to match with the image backgrounds instead of using the HEX code for the page background.
-
Open the picture in Photoshop.
Use the eyedropper to sample the background color.
Write down the hex values for that background color, then use those hex values in your Web page background. Viola!
(In case you're wondering, the background color of the picture is C1 33 5B)
-
Thanks, Tacit. I got it!
Dan