Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: Larry on June 26, 2003, 01:13:25 PM

Title: Unblocking IP addresses
Post by: Larry on June 26, 2003, 01:13:25 PM
Pls can you recommend a piece of software which will block my IP address on forums when I visit blackboards to post messages. I have just been blocked on a forum on Network54 for challenging a free mason on his views. I am annoyed to be blocked in that political forum on Asian ideas.

I have no intention of changing my ISP.

I am the only foreigner who has posted on that forum since 1999.

Probably it is a waste of time, and I should just forget it.

I notice that if i had windows I could use a programme call anonomyiser - is there something like that on macs?
Title: Unblocking IP addresses
Post by: kelly on June 26, 2003, 01:19:43 PM
Don't know. Just let it go. smile.gif

It's truly pointless to argue on the Internet.

You must have better things to do. smile.gif
Title: Unblocking IP addresses
Post by: Larry on June 26, 2003, 01:31:56 PM
Have you ever heard of the Johari Window?

Some forums are like polictical arenas.

I should be pleased that these jerks blocked me - there is so much more than that. I got into a fierce arguement with a chap about freemasonry. It was a complete accident that we hit the subject that happened over two years ago. At times we've argued since.

Some forum members in foreign websites (non-Western) have closed views.

Thank God Techsurvivors is an open forum.

I guess I will try out avicaht.
Title: Unblocking IP addresses
Post by: whisper on June 27, 2003, 01:48:33 AM
Kelly's right, of course, about arguing on the internet. Here's what you're looking for
Title: Unblocking IP addresses
Post by: Larry on June 27, 2003, 01:52:53 AM
I've been there already - it only appeared to work on windows
Title: Unblocking IP addresses
Post by: whisper on June 27, 2003, 02:08:44 AM
Sorry, haven't been there in a long time tongue.gif  they used to have a totally free service. perhaps this will help   or this or search google for free proxies etc