Techsurvivors
Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: dezz on June 27, 2003, 06:39:42 PM
-
Hi there, Im having a problem burning DVD's in osx. I just drag the folder onto the DVD, and then it starts doing its thing.....and when it is done and i go to hit burn to finalize it, i get an error code 2147352542. Does anyone know hat this is, an dhow to fix it ?
Thanks
-
"I just drag the folder onto the DVD" I take that as you're not using toast nor iTunes?
I have a bookmark on error codes but can't for the life of me find it!
Probably it's another browsers bookmark or I stuck it in some folder called "don't look here dummy" or some lame thing like that. /gerrr\
Try running over to Apple and doing a search there for error codes.
-
dezz, what OS and what hardware? If it's a Powerbook with superdrive, there have been others with this error:
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t157779.html
(scroll down a bit)
and it links to this long thread:
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?threadid=147415
which I gave up reading after 1 page...it goes on for 3 pages! Hope there is a solution in there somewhere.
Petra posted in that thread...maybe she knows!
Have you searched the Apple forums yet?
-
Found it! Click Here!
I can see it isn't going to do you much good though.
-
No real fix so far. You have to try different media and make sure the size isn't too large, i.e. I've found that 4.3GB is about what my Superdrive can take in my PowerBook. Although I have recently burnt two coasters, but that was *I think* because the total size was 4.4GB instead of my "normal" 4.3GB. I've burnt successfully on both non-brand media and Apple's media, but since this problem isn't consistent on any machines it's hard to pinpoint why it occurs and when.
-
Somewhere in the part that I DID read, it was noted that the most you can burn on a DVD is 4.37GB - so 4.4 would be over the limit, Petra.
I wish there was a definitive solution - odd that nobody at Apple seems to have noticed, since several of the posters have actually CALLED Apple for help. Maybe Apple can't figure it out either?
-
Hi everyone, and thanks for all your input. I just fixed this problem. I tried booting in "safe mode" and was able to burn from there, so i realized it was an extensions error. I thine did an archive and install and PRESTO!!! It worked!