Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: RHPConsult on July 08, 2003, 10:26:09 AM

Title: Tiny "problem; BIG $
Post by: RHPConsult on July 08, 2003, 10:26:09 AM
Three weeks ago I had a chance to visit the new Apple Store in Honolulu. In addition to solving a couple of vexing OSX puzzles, I asked about replacement foot-pads for my Pismo.

Sure, they're available, for $30+ per set. . . . I don''t think so!  wink.gif

Then I remembered that many months/years ago someone posted the same "problem" - - which I can't seem to find in any TS search - - for which some other TSer had discovered an alternate solution . . . something about some other supplier (e.g. Office Depot/Radio Shack etc. etc.) having pads that work  quite nicely on Pismo "feet".

Anyone remember that?

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.
Title: Tiny "problem; BIG $
Post by: bil207 on July 08, 2003, 10:39:36 AM
Mac Res Q has them for $5.99.
Title: Tiny "problem; BIG $
Post by: RHPConsult on July 08, 2003, 10:59:30 AM
Hey bil207

Better than the average solution!  laugh.gif

And such quick service clap.gif

 thanx.gif
Title: Tiny "problem; BIG $
Post by: krissel on July 08, 2003, 10:43:26 PM
I use stick on circular pads from the hardware store. I double-deck them in the rear of my PB to raise the back a bit and give a slight tilt to the keyboard. Also allows for better air circulation, my fan almost never comes on.

$1.49 pk of 8


 wink.gif