Techsurvivors
Welcome to Techsurvivors => Tech => Topic started by: Highmac on February 08, 2021, 06:17:44 AM
-
Probably something everyone else but me has known for ages.... You can download earlier versions of Apple software - including iTunes - from Apple: https://support.apple.com/downloads/
-
Probably not every one. :blush-anim-cl: And sometimes you have to find a unique url to put in a browser that then sends you to a slightly non-intuitive place in iTunes. :wallbash: That’s what I tried to portray in my recent post (https://techsurvivors.net/forums/index.php?topic=28545.msg217754#msg217754) (reply #24) concerning updating to Catalina. A process that could only have been created by some one at Microsoft! :WOW: :blink:
-
Ah, right... didn't follow that thread as I'm still contentedly using Mojave.
Dunno why, but whenever I see the name Catalina I think of a flying boat... :toothgrin:
And guess what... I think this tale qualifies to be in Tech:
Catalina rescued from Loch Ness by lifeboat -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-54590948
and finally found its way home to the Duxford air museum near Cambridge.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-55161000
-
"whenever I see the name Catalina I think of a flying boat..."
I think of the 1972 Pontiac Catalina I bought new. It, too, had engine problems. At its first tuneup, the mechanic did not properly adjust the valve tappet clearances. That made for hard starting, which then caused the starter to develop dead spots in the armature. Oh, the joys!
-
Hard to believe one of those is still airworthy! I was "registered" Feb. '43 so that thing could be around the same age. It has probably been "maintained" better than I have... :coolio: :dntknw:
-
Seems this Catalina was "born" about the same time you were, Jim...
From the website of the Catalina Society ("The Home of Plane Sailing") (https://www.catalina.org.uk/our-catalina-g-pbya/)
G-PBYA was originally ordered for the Royal Canadian Air Force as a Canso A amphibian, basically equivalent to the US Navy PBY-5A. It was built by Canadian Vickers at Cartierville, Quebec and .... (snip) was taken on charge by the air force on 27 October 1943 and initially saw service with 9 (Bomber Reconnaissance) Squadron at Bella Bella on the British Columbia coast between Vancouver and Prince Rupert.
Jim - Do you think we ought to start a new thread or are we about done on planes? :D
-
Some of these aircraft were built as late as 1946, those would be MUCH younger than me!!
:inspect:
I'm not sure why you think we need a new thread, the discussion of these planes is perfectly applicable to downloads! Both are "classics" in their own field of technology! :dntknw: :laughhard: