Techsurvivors

Welcome to Techsurvivors => Tech => Topic started by: jchuzi on February 09, 2021, 08:37:47 AM

Title: possible glitch in Big Sur installer
Post by: jchuzi on February 09, 2021, 08:37:47 AM
macOS Big Sur upgrade can lead to data loss without ample storage (https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/02/09/upgrading-to-macos-big-sur-without-ample-hard-drive-storage-might-result-in-failure-and-lost-data)
Title: Re: possible glitch in Big Sur installer
Post by: Xairbusdriver on February 09, 2021, 09:53:43 AM
Thanks for this important info! Looks like I'll be staying on Catalina for the foreseeable future and maybe longer! Perhaps the replacement for Big Sur will include a fix for this problem. :wallbash:

Who is in charge of basic details like this?! Should I blame myself for buying an iMac with only 500GB of storage? I do keep an eye on "free" space and offload most data and many apps to eternal drives. But Apple is making no incentives for folks to buy more local storage. Apparently, the installer folks assume everyone has so much memory that checking is not needed?! :WOW:
Title: Re: possible glitch in Big Sur installer
Post by: jchuzi on February 16, 2021, 07:46:05 AM
Updated macOS Big Sur installer resolves installation bug (https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/02/15/updated-macos-big-sur-installer-resolves-installation-bug)