Techsurvivors

Welcome to Techsurvivors => Tech => Topic started by: Sooz on February 18, 2021, 01:28:07 PM

Title: ? Best app for tracking Amazon packages in real time w/computer or iPhone 7?
Post by: Sooz on February 18, 2021, 01:28:07 PM
Just wondering, since the hubby or I usually wait out on the front porch watching for the Amazon delivery van...all day--there's no pattern to when they deliver to us.  (I already have USPS Informed Delivery & we know what time our postal carrier comes by.)

I have a desktop iMac, but I think my iPhone can do this as one of my neighbors said in passing that there's an app for that, and it's in real time, and I can see the progress of the delivery driver on a map. :WOW:  It would be more convenient than using my iMac.

Thanks for any suggestions of what app to use with my iPhone 7 (Verizon).   

Smiles,
Sooz

Edited for spelling boo boo.
Title: Re: ? Best app for tracking Amazon packages in real time w/computer or iPhone 7?
Post by: kimmer on February 18, 2021, 04:38:53 PM
As far as I know, you use the Amazon mobile app to track your packages; but it only works with some of your packages. Simply launch the Amazon app on your iphone, go to orders, find what you are wanting to track, and select track package.

Understand that it won't work with all carriers. If it's being delivered by Amazon, it is usually trackable; but I've never had it work with UPS, FedEx, or USPS.

I do have an account at UPS, and can often track via their web site. I also have USPS informed delivery, which worked in my former, very rural, town, but doesn't work in my big city town.  :dntknw:

Title: Re: ? Best app for tracking Amazon packages in real time w/computer or iPhone 7?
Post by: Sooz on February 18, 2021, 11:34:48 PM
Thanks, Kimmer!  It seems to be a challenge. The only time I've ever been able to track something on a map in real time  is if they were delivering to us from our favorite Mexican restaurant. :toothgrin:
Smiles,
Sooz
Title: Re: ? Best app for tracking Amazon packages in real time w/computer or iPhone 7?
Post by: sluggo on February 19, 2021, 07:51:51 AM
I drive truck every now & then for a USPS contractor. Delivering mail from our local hub to outlying post offices. From what I see, cages or pallets of mail often are not scanned when they're unloaded at one place or leave a place for another destination.
Real time tracking there is hit or miss, never trust it until you see "out for delivery".
Not that the information would be a huge help with Amazon stuff, but just an FYI. As far as Amazon I use their app or the UPS & FedEx websites if a tracking number is provided.
Title: Re: ? Best app for tracking Amazon packages in real time w/computer or iPhone 7?
Post by: Xairbusdriver on February 19, 2021, 09:50:35 AM
I suggest that Mr. Smith's D paper has created a lot of angst in all of us, not just businesses. We seem to want everything yesterday and busy ourselves with watching our stuff move from shelf to porch. Yet we tend to forget that we are actually paying for this.
"There (still) ain't no free lunch." :)
Title: Re: ? Best app for tracking Amazon packages in real time w/computer or iPhone 7?
Post by: Sooz on February 19, 2021, 02:19:09 PM
Thanks, Todd and Jim for your reply.  :toothgrin:

I can certainly wait a few days for my packages to be delivered  :thumbup:  and don't need them yesterday ha ha, but there have been a lot of porch pirate activities in my area, with some porch pirates removing packages or boxes within *minutes* of delivery!  Yeah, they must be following the vans and opportunistically pouncing.

Thanks again, everyone!
Smiles, and stay safe, stay healthy!
Sooz