Techsurvivors

Archives => 2003 => Topic started by: Bruce_F on September 07, 2003, 11:04:51 PM

Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bruce_F on September 07, 2003, 11:04:51 PM
This little Flash Game will only help you to waste a few minutes, but it's kind of fun!

I have no idea whether 56k modem connections will have a hard time with it. If you're on a phone modem and decide to take a look, please come back and post your opinion.
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bill on September 08, 2003, 12:16:40 AM
Received this clicking your link Bruce.
"http could not be found. Please check the name and try again."
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bruce_F on September 08, 2003, 01:21:39 AM
It's working now, Bill. When I pasted the URL into the original post, it ended up with double http://.

I wish that window for pasting the URL's didn't have anything in it. If you don't remember to delete what's in there, that's what happens.
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: kelly on September 08, 2003, 09:28:59 AM
I just copy and paste in the Reply Window. smile.gif

Is there more to that game than the wheels turning for a little while? smile.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bruce_F on September 08, 2003, 11:18:29 AM
Hi Kelly, I usually copy/paste too. That time, for whatever reason, it didn't work and I didn't notice.  sleep1.gif

QUOTE
Is there more to that game than the wheels turning for a little while?


Well... yes, it goes on till you help the little guy divert the asteroid from colliding with his home. you have to find the clues whistling.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: kelly on September 08, 2003, 11:19:57 AM
Ok. I was getting nowhere fast. Wondered if there was more. smile.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bill on September 08, 2003, 07:25:14 PM
Figured as much Bruce. Should of looked before posting what I received but didn't.

Had to fire up IE to view the flash (swf) though.
I know it's on my end as to why Safari or Camino doesn't view a lot of those files.
Never have figured out why.

btw. I'm lost on how the game is played? <gr>
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Pascalin on September 08, 2003, 08:24:58 PM
Well. i can see the game with Safari  smile.gif

May be because I just update Java to 1.4.1?

But I still can't figure out the game  unsure.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: kps on September 08, 2003, 08:34:08 PM
Cute!

Reminded me of MYST, very creative but easier than MYST (thank God for that).

Bill, should I give you a hint...a spoiler, if you will....?

The squirell with the gramophone was a hoot!
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: krissel on September 09, 2003, 12:42:25 AM
Fun.

I almost got stuck in the scene with the little guy at the cabin door but then I put on my glasses...

On dialup I had to wait a few minutes for each section to load but once loaded it worked OK,  til the next scene had to load.

 rolleyes.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bruce_F on September 09, 2003, 01:26:05 AM
krissel,

I did the same thing with the cabin door, even with my glasses on!  tongue.gif

Bill, the hints are fairly straight forward, for the most part. If you find something that interacts with a mouse click, then you have found a clue. After that, just think about the consequences of each interaction. Some of it makes no sense at all, but you see how everything connects when you've solved the puzzle.

Keep Click'in Away! biggrin.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: kelly on September 09, 2003, 10:02:16 AM
That first one with the wheels had me stuck the longest. dry.gif

Bill. Many clickables are just Red Herrings.

They don't do anything really.  huh.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bill on September 09, 2003, 04:20:43 PM
I'd like to know more than how the game is played is why my Safari or Camino can't view these type files, or more precise how can I rectify the situation.?.
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Pascalin on September 09, 2003, 06:47:35 PM
Bill.

Did you install the latest version of Java?

That may help.

Is working fine in my Safary on my iMac G4 smile.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: kps on September 09, 2003, 07:09:46 PM
Where's your flash plug in?

Check to make sure it's here: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins

My Shockwave Flash plug-in version is: 6.0 r29
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bernie on September 09, 2003, 08:49:50 PM
I'm trying to get past the sequence where the Owl is and the diving bell. You know with the lil varmint sitting with the Phonograph.Darn! It's driving me Batty!  upset.gif
No problem running the lil game on my PC Running XP Pro
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bill on September 09, 2003, 08:50:32 PM
Pascalin: "Did you install the latest version of Java?"
No I haven't. The download is too large for my dialup. I'll have to wait till I can get on a speedier system.

Kps: = Library>internet plug ins - Shockwave flash NP-PPC=6.0r79
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bernie on September 09, 2003, 09:00:53 PM
Finally. Got into the door in the next part of the game. Neat!  biggrin.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Pascalin on September 09, 2003, 09:04:13 PM
Bill:
You can check your:

Safari>preferences...
   Web Content:
      [] Enable Plug-ins
      [] Enable Java
      [] Enable JavaScripts
      [] Block pop-up windows

(I have checked every one)
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bernie on September 09, 2003, 09:15:30 PM
Finally really nice. I'm going to try it on the Mac now.  smile.gif
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bill on September 09, 2003, 10:10:25 PM
Downloaded the latest Flash version [7.0] and installed it on two systems.
In camino the flash (Bruce) appears to view and play just fine.
In Safari on another system it plays fine also.
The Safari on this system it loads but that is it. Blank page.
Checked preferences. They're fine.

Haven't run permissions yet. That should clear up safari.

If not, then I suspect there could be a bad cookie issue.
Probably a cookie from Florida. Humidity/heat can cause some strange behaviors. <gr>
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: kelly on September 09, 2003, 10:15:35 PM
No problem here with Jaguar and Safari. smile.gif

I haven't downloaded any extra Java or Flash that I recall.
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bruce_F on September 10, 2003, 02:30:22 AM
Wow! ohmy.gif

I just updated my Flash Player which is now available at VersionTracker.

It makes the little game load even faster! I hope it helps those who are on dialup connections too!
Title: OT: Cute Little Game
Post by: Bill on September 10, 2003, 07:38:37 PM
All I know is the update sure helped me. <gr>