-
By way of xlr8yourmac.

http://www.it-enquirer.com/macosx/toast6.html
-
Last Friday I installed Toast v6.0 without issue. All seems fine (and dandy), but I have not wrung it out nearly to the extent noted in this review.
After installation, a check of VersionTracker indicated that the enclosed DejaVu (automatic backup utility) has been updated from the enclosed v2.4.1 to v2.5. In subsequent email with the developer, Jeff Holland, he advised that it may be necessary to delete: /Library/PreferencePanes/DejaVu.prefPane and reinstalling DejaVu (and restarting); and that no additional license is required of registered Toast 6 owners. BTW, DejaVu can be used with any file, not just Toast.
As noted in the review, rights to the Discus program were not transferred to Roxio and thus an additional (US$ 20.00) shareware fee is required. In looking at this program, I noted that the Discus install date was 8-5-2004. I presume this is somehow linked to an expiration date. Or maybe it is just a typo.
One nice feature of the install (IMNHO), it does not touch Toast 5.x, so that you may keep both versions as active applications until you are satisfied (or not) and decided which version(s) to keep.
A nice program to be sure, but a bit pricy--$106.90 (including shipping). A $20.00 rebate certificate is included for those who are upgrading. Still, were it not that I work for a first rate company who buys me anything my little heart desires, $86.90 would give me pause.
Harv
-
Thanks for the information Harv.

Toast 6.0 Titanium for $67
http://dealmac.com/articles/55525.html
-
They saw me comming

Harv
-
After reading Kellys link, the new version appears to have a new face lift.
Harv added more information about the extras plus.
I'd like to know does toast (it self) version 6 excel past it's predecessor to justify the cost?
-
MacInTouch Toast 6 Reader Reports.
http://www.macintouch.com/toast06.html#sep12
-
QUOTE(kelly @ Sep 12 2003, 8:49 AM)
Good read.
Maybe I'll wait a bit.