QUOTE(dakota @ Sep 26 2003, 9:10 PM)
I am not having a problem with the nicknames - they appear as they always did. As for the icons, you can revert to the earlier version of icons. Third, what side window???? Leslie
1. My group nicknames (several folks gathered together, and I use the "alias" feature so that I don't have to update their address in more than place) now show the group name followed by the actual email addresses. Rather then trying to explain what the nickanme is, I take the time to delete it. Time consuming and frustrating.
2. I reverted to the old icons and promptly lost several of them, and others don't work? Plus after all these years, I'm sick of looking at them, and had hoped for a nicer look.
3. Side window - is actually a "slide-out drawer". Found the info at the link kelly posted:
QUOTE
One is the simple addition of a slide-out drawer of mailboxes (instead of the older separate window).
I *LIKE* this feature in Apple Mail, and would like to have it in Eudora.
Oh well - yesterday I spent over an hour importing everything to Apple Mail, fixing and applying the imported filters, adjusting, making sure connections worked, etc. All was going well until suddenly a folder appeared out of nowhere, with the name "/". I thought I'd accidently added a blank folder and named it wrong, so I deleted it. Of course, that was the main file ... and POOF all my stuff was gone. I cried. I quit, and today I'm back to Candyland Eudora. 
kimmer
Thanks FLASH1296 for the info.
THIS PAGE has the setting that you can individually change to alter Eudora. There must be a thousand choices there but many are from the normal preference panels. I agree that you could really screw things up if you messed around with the wrong setting.
I laughed at the descriptions some techie wrote for a few of these settings (remember this text file is from Eudora's site so they must have paid this guy).
QUOTE
<x-eudora-setting:31> The text of your saved password. Whoever put
this in a dialog should be shot.
<x-eudora-setting:32459> IMail does POP3 AUTH PLAIN completely wrong,
as LOGIN. When we see this string, we know it's IMail, and we
adjust. Idiots.
<x-eudora-setting:14509> What we call someone who puts an empty
phrase on their email
<x-eudora-setting:276> When checked, Eudora grabs the Inbox outside
of your location prefix, as it jolly well should.
<x-eudora-setting:133> Should we waste processor cycles being trendy?
<x-eudora-setting:140> When checked, Eudora supports the transvestite
manager.©© Setting reversed; use "n" for ON, "y" for OFF!